creating reports (1 Viewer)

P

Plockie

I use a palmpilot to record surgical operation data. This is then downloaded into Access to create a report. I need to provide a cumulative report every 6 months, i.e. operations performed etc.
My palmpilot currently has over 400 records. I would like to archive the records each year, clear my pilot and resume my logbook.
To create my report I need to combine my up to date records with each year's archived records to give a cumulative report.
Can this be done? If so how?
Thanks,
Phil

dennyryan

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:17
You need to append the records to a cumulative table each time you download to Access. It sounds like you currently are creating a new table each time and appending only the records for that time period. You coudl continue to do that but you would also need to append the data to your cumulative table as well.

You may need to get into some table design issues to make sure that you don't create duplicate records, which might happen if you were to run your append process twice with the same data. You should have key fields defined to avoid that problem.

I may not have understood your question correctly but this advice might apply to some little tiny part of your question.

Denny

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom