Creating Transparent Forms (1 Viewer)

vdanelia

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 18:14
Hello Dear Friends, Please help..

I want to make a transparent form in my project, I tried many variants (Found in The Web), but not worked well, had many errors and the form was very uncomfortable....

I wonder If it is possible to make The form Like in the image:

Attachments

• Transp.jpg
    Transp.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 81

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 21:14
While I see questions about this kind of thing, from time to time, I've never seen a really successful implementation of it. As in trying to make Forms display, apparently independent of Access, which is to say without the Access 'shell,' all efforts are, as you say 'very uncomfortable.'

We all like for our apps to be professional in appearance, but you really have to remember that Access is not designed to produce websites or to be a graphics program. Its sole purpose in the Universe is to rapidly design easy to use, well functioning databases!

Linq ;0)>

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 01:14
While I see questions about this kind of thing, from time to time, I've never seen a really successful implementation of it. As in trying to make Forms display, apparently independent of Access, which is to say without the Access 'shell,' all efforts are, as you say 'very uncomfortable.'
... and it works less in Access 2007 and 2010.

vdanelia

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 18:14
Hello missinglinq, vbaInet
I Really read many articles about this and tested many Variants.
While searching I found one thread here http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=131016
It needs some modification (It fades Whole the form: Border Style + Background and Controls on it).
If it is possible to modify the code to Make the transparency only the background of the form would be a Great job, because this is only the variant which works without any errors and problems.

We all like for our apps to be professional in appearance, but you really have to remember that Access is not designed to produce websites or to be a graphics program. Its sole purpose in the Universe is to rapidly design easy to use, well functioning databases!
Linq ;0)>

You are right, but For Microsoft Adding this option to Access is not a problem, I can't believe that they Can not..

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Just to give you an idea of how flimsy it is, see attached.

Don't get excited!

And I think missinlinq covered the reason why Access doesn't do such fancy stuff.

Attachments

• HideAccessWindow.accdb
    340 KB · Views: 83

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
;) Yep, that was just to show you how difficult it can be to try and control the application window or the hwnd of the object.

I think if you keep searching the forum, there are a couple of threads that show how to make forms transparent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom