Current Event / Refresh / Datasheet scrolling woes (1 Viewer)

zeroaccess

Local time
Today, 01:34
Not sure if this is the solution you are looking for, but if you were willing to switch the datasheet to a continuous form (done via Properties), you could have those fields displayed in controls (text boxes, combo boxes, etc), and only requery the control that changes.

So afterupdate
me.txt1.requery

GK in the UK

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:34
Thanks for the offer Vlad but uploading the db isn't something I want to do yet.

zeroaccess, your suggestion is an option I'll be looking at. For the moment I have other things I must do so I'll have to put this on the 'needs attention' shelf. It's functional and usable(-ish) so that will have to do for now.

Thanks to all contributors. I will update when I have a solution. I have some ideas but I need to mull over the consequences.

GK in the UK

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:34
Have done some more research on the scrolling issue. I think the window can be scrolled using the Windows API which isn't something I want to build in to my application.

The condition that I can't resolve is the one where the user has scrolled the last record of a recordset up to about half way in the datasheet window. Once it's requeried, it ends up at the bottom. I can't even 'sendkeys' to 'cursor down' because when you're on the last record, you can't cursor down (to move the record up), you can only do that using the scroll bar.

I've reworked my form so the query that joins the 3 tables writes out to a temporary table. Then another query sets the recordsource to the temp table which is updateable. Plus I don't need to requery if I just edit a record. That's the fix I'm going with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom