Customizing Access Parameter Queries (1 Viewer)

CarolW

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:12
Hi
I wonder if anyone could re-orientate me and put me in the correct direction regarding the above subject. Without wittling on too much what I,ve been basically trying to do is to get a query that I've made, derive its criteria from a form that has 3 combo boxes on it allowing a user to select varying options. I have been using a forum thread which described the process in more detail and whilst I,ve followed it to the letter the end result that I get
an annoying message "The expression On Click event that you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: A problem occured while MS Access was communicating with the OLE server or Active X control. It goes onto say that the expression may not result in the name of a macro, the name of a user defined function, or [Event Procedure].There may have been an error evaluating the function, event or macro". The thread took me to www.fontstuff.com/access/acctut08.htm and it is on this site that I have been trying in vain to come up with a matching result. Am I going mad or is there someting on their tutorial that is mis-leading me! I am desperately trying to adminster some 'self help' and to use the forum threads but I am still at a loss as to what to do next. Could some kind person please help...

Carol:confused:

databasedonr

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:12
Hi Carol,

I see this is a pretty old thread, so maybe you've already fixed it, but I've seen this before with a corruption of the form. I'd suggest this:

1) copy all of your code supporting the form out to a text file.

2) on the form properties, go to the property tag (on the other tab) that says "Has Module" and say "no" and save the form.

It will warn you that you will lose the code... that's okay because you've already copied it to a text document.

3) copy the code back into the form, and ensure that "Has Module" is reading "Yes".

4) ** VERY IMPORTANT ** - chose Debug Compile. Then save. Then try your form again.

As I say, I've had this happen to me, and this solution has worked. It might be worth a try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom