DAO DataUpdatable not Expected or Not Understanding (1 Viewer)

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:36
I added the property to my documenter to see what I got with it. Using the fields collection of the tables collection, ALL fields return 0 for this property, not just the PK. I didn't look further than that. I'm pretty sure when I was building the tool that I looked at this property and didn't include it because It didn't make sense that it would always be false. Could be bad documentation or a change in functionality that never made it to the documentation.

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 08:36
Using the fields collection of the tables collection
That behavior would be expected for a table. The help file clearly states this property does not work for a tabledef. However, it should work for a recordset.
DataUpdatable property on Field objects that are appended to the Fields collection of QueryDef, Recordset, and Relation objects, but not the Fields collection of Index or TableDef objects.
The help file clearly states that this property is specific to a field and not just the recordset, but as far as I can tell it does not work or at least does not provide any useable information. I tried an autonumber and calculated field and both come back as updateable as long as the recordset is updateable.

However the field attributes do not seem any better. Both the calculated field and autonumber field come back as updateable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom