Data Entry Form/Subform Problem (1 Viewer)

freidaf

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:49
Hello, I am having a problem with a data entry form. The form is for entering data from employee production logs. In the main form I want to capture the employee name, date, work arrival time and work departure time. I then want to move to the subform to capture detail from the log. Each record in the main form may have multiple records in the subform. I added a command button on the main form to save the Main form record before moving to the subform.

Once data has been entered into the last field of the subform, the cursor moves to a new record on the subform, not back to the Main form. To enter data for another employee, the data entry operator must click on the first field of the Main form and enter a new user name date arrival, departure time.

The problem is that the subform will not allow entry in any of the fields. My query must be set up incorrectly. I have checked Allan Browne's website, on why a query might not updatebut can't find the problem.

I have attached a word doc that might help explain my set up a little better.

Thank you in advance for any insight to my problem. Also, I don't know SQL.

Attachments

• Main Form TableSubform Table.zip
    298.6 KB · Views: 80

Catalina

Registered User.
Local time
It will be a lot easier to figure out when you attach the database itself, without sensitive data.

Don't forget to zip it first.

Catalina

freidaf

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you for your reply. I have attached a sample copy of my database. Please disregard the word document in my previous post as I have changed the query for the main form.

The problem I am having is that the main form is overwriting records.

Thank you for your help!

Also, I had to use .zipx to compress the file. It was too large to upload using .zip. Let me know if I need to try something else.

Thank you

freidaf

Registered User.
Local time
Sorry, can't use .zipx. Will try to make db smaller and resend.

freidaf

Registered User.
Local time
Okay, my database is attached....Thank you for your help.

Attachments

• SampleProdData_DB_08-06-12.zip
    61.2 KB · Views: 74

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom