Data Macro error ofter splitting database in Access 2010 (1 Viewer)

sigma788

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:18
I used Nortwind 2010 template and modified to suite my requirement with the help of users on this forum. (thanks)

Now, i am planning to use the database as multiuser by splitting database but due to data macro most of the forms do not work after splitting. There are 60+ data macro in northwind 2010 template. The picture shows some of the data macro.

now this requires redesigning database from scratch.
is there any solution to this.

sample northwind 2010
thanks.

Attachments

• dataMacro.png
    dataMacro.png
    38.4 KB · Views: 335

TracyD

Local time
Today, 19:18
:banghead::banghead:hi did you ever find a way round the data macros on a split database? i am experiencing same problem and tried importing the data macro to front end with a dummy table, but not working.....i would appreciate some advise? thanks

sigma788

Registered User.
Local time
Through Windows Terminal Server in Windows Server Editions OR Remote Desktop Connection, i was able to use the database but encountered new errors such as auto number error with two or more user (in my case).

HiTechCoach

Local time
Today, 13:18
Unfortunately the Northwind example is not design to be split becuse it has data macros. Since it can't be split, it can not be used by multiple users at the same time.

I have always viewed the Northwind example with all version of Access to be a training tool only. It has some good example of how the new features in access work individually. It does not show how to create a well design Access application. It has many design issues.

FWIW: I find that Data Macros are only potentially useful if you are creating a web database to be published to Sharepoint. Otherwise, Data Macros should be avoided.

sigma788

Registered User.
Local time
Yes, i agree.
Also, removing Data Macros in Ms Access 2010 Templates means designing from scratch.

HiTechCoach

Local time
Today, 13:18
Yes, i agree.
Also, removing Data Macros in Ms Access 2010 Templates means designing from scratch.

Why from scratch? You only have to replace the data macros with VBA code.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom