Question Database crashes (1 Viewer)

sargentrs

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:51
I don't even know where to begin or how to describe what's happening. It's random and unpredictable. I hope I'm not violating etiquette with my problem but I'm at the end of my rope. I have designed many databases for multiple applications where I work. The one I'm having issues with is for printing product ID and manufacturing labels on our assembly lines. Been working fine for months. The labels are printed via a menu form and all the operator does is enter a format code and how many they want. The database makes the decisions on the format of the label, i.e., what logos, field identifiers, barcode formats etc, based upon queries accessing fields from our manufacturing system. The labels are just simple reports. I try to create a new format of label, i.e. a new report, and when I try to print it, or save it, the database crashes and I get the annoying Windows error saying an error has occurred and the database must be repaired, backed up, and reopened. Now, it's useless and errors on everything I try to print, even the reports that have been fine for months. I've tried Compact and Repair, importing into new, clean databases, exporting to new clean databases, etc. I've "sent the error report" to Microsoft but, of course, nobody's jumping on the problem. I can't attach a picture of the dialog box due to forum limitations on file size and, of course, you can't get a copy of the error log. I have no issues with it in Access2000 but it crashes only in Access2007. Anybody have any idea where to start tracking down the source of this error?

xBug

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 23:51
What exactly crashes ?
See the Office Event log:
Ac_Menu,About Microsoft Access , SystemInfo.., Office 2003 Apps, Office Event/Fault,... [Select rows,Copy Ctrl+C,Paste Ctrl+V]
==================
Try to STEP through the code, line by line ( F8 ), to find out, what Line of Code/Command/Action exactly crashes and post it here

sargentrs

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:51
Sorry, I should have said.......Access 2007 but running an Access2000 database because it's also shared with other users running Office 2000. How do you get to the event log in 2007? There is no About MS Access menu selection.

The error just says it's encountered an error and must close. Interestingly enough, when you run the procedure in Access 2000, it actually reboots the PC! I gave up and restored an old backup from a few days ago and it seems to run OK now. I also killed Office 2007 from the other user and reinstalled Office 2000 and it seems to work. I don't know what happened but it sure behaved badly. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom