Database Suddenly Won't Share - laccdb Issue? (1 Viewer)

Weekleyba

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:38
I have four different split databases that have there backends on the same server.
Yesterday, suddenly only one person could work in them. The rest would get a runtime error.
I also noticed the laccdb file will not close when everyone has closed the database.
This happened to all four databases at the same time.

I'm thinking that it's not an Access issue but a server issue that I'll need to discuss with IT.
Any other ideas?

oleronesoftwares

Passionate Learner
Local time
Yesterday, 22:38
Some questions i will ask if in your shoes are

1. The only person who can access it, is he/she accessing via the server or work station, i guess work station.

2. Any update on the server recently

3. Any update via the network on the work stations.

4. The person who can access it any difference between his PC /Ms Access version and that of the other people

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Yesterday, 22:38
This is most likely the result of a bug in the most recent MS updates. Details here and here and here.
Pay special attention to discussion of obtaining the fix.

Weekleyba

Registered User.
Local time
Ah....MS strikes again I see. This fix is out of my wheelhouse. I'll send it on to IT and see if they can fix.
Thank you for your response.

Weekleyba

Registered User.
Local time
My IT is having difficulty figuring out this problem.
We tried a different server but the same result.
Anyone else having this issue?

Weekleyba

Registered User.
Local time
Keep getting this error.
1641308159177.png

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Almost definitely that error was caused by a Windows patch that affected file security. IF there was a way to roll back the patches as noted in GPGeorge's post #3 in this thread (follow his three links), you could test whether in fact this is that bug.

If the four shared DBs are in the same folder on the server, then there is a REMOTE chance that the permissions are suddenly wrong because someone diddled with them. All users who are authorized to use those databases need MODIFY permission on the folder and its contents.

IF the shared DBs each have separate "home" folders then it is almost certainly that pesky little bug.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom