Date-based crosstabs (1 Viewer)

PaulA

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:24
Greetings-

I am trying to set up a crosstab query with columns being formated as months and that will utilize start date and end date parameters that can start in one year and end in another year.

I have found that when doing this the month aggregration will include all data from the particualar month from all years (such as June data from both 2001 and 2002).

I want flexibility in my report in the start date and end date parameters.

Any thoughts how to accomplish this?

Thanks.

thouston

Registered User.
Local time
Try adding an extra row heading "year" which is the year part of your date. Then they'll be separated out in the crosstab. I don't know if that's the format you wanted but at least the years aren't mixed together any more...

PaulA

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for your response--

I was hoping that such seperation could be reflected in the column headings--for example, show a range of 7/01 to 6/02 across the columns.

thouston

Registered User.
Local time
OK, how about this...

Supposing your date column is called "dateval"

I assume that at present you are using something like group:month([dateval]) to group the columns of your crosstab table.

Instead, try group: Month([dateval]) & "-" & Year([dateval]).

This will give a composite group named by month and year. Use the original field dateval with a "where" clause to call the parameter for the start and end limits for your dates.

Hope that's clear - it's easier to do than explain!

PS. Probably best to do Year before Month - otherwise the order gets a bit eccentric.

Last edited:

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:24
You should swap the year and month otherwise, your column headings will be in order by month rather than year/month. So, if you select Nov, 00 - Feb, 02, your column headings will be

01/01 01/02 02/01 02/02 03/01 04/01, etc. rather than
11/00 12/00 01/01 02/01 03/01 04/01, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom