Solved Date Format in Textbox (1 Viewer)

faty

Local time
Today, 01:20
Hi everyone
i have textbox in form bounded to text field and i want to type in text with date an the date was the format yyyy/mm/dd. MsAccess 2007

Exemple : (It's Arabic Right to left)
yyyy/mm/dd إلى yyyy/mm/dd الفترة من
Thanks I need help plz!

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 18:20
hi faty, because you want year then month then day, you should be able to type it in that way and have it be ok -- try it!

faty

Local time
hi faty, because you want year then month then day, you should be able to type it in that way and have it be ok -- try it!

Hi strive4peace happy to help me Thanks a lot
Yes, it's possible but i want to type in normal way day then month then year.
it's possible to make it ? In afterupdate in textbox for example.
how Can we solve this ?

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
hi faty,

saba el khair! (although it probably isn't morning for you ... a long time ago, I lived in Egypt, but didn't use Access then)

You can change the settings that Windows uses for dates on your computer

1. right-click the Windows icon in the lower left of your screen
Start_right-click.png

2. choose control Panel
Start_ControlPanel.png

3. go to the Region Settings, which may be grouped and called Clock, Language, and Region
Start_ControlPanel_ClockLanguageRegion.png

4. Choose Change date, time, or number formats
Start_ControlPanel_ClockLanguageRegion_Region_Change_Date_Time_or_NumberFormats.png

5. on the Formats tab in the Region dialog box, you can change what you want for dates
Start_ControlPanel_ClockLanguageRegion_Region_Format.png

Over time, the way to get to Region Settings from the control panel has changed. Once you're there though, the dialog box is the same!

This change must be made on each machine

faty

Local time
hi Mister strive4peace
It's not possible also this way change Region settings don't resolve the problem.

BUT i replace / by - and it's right like this 2020-01-01.

Thanks.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
faty, just a side comment. Strive4Peace is a Ms., not a Mr. - but it is a common mistake for many of the fanciful names we have, and her icon is perhaps a bit ambiguous.

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
lol, Richard -- thank you. Didn't realize it is ambiguous ... but I can see how it might look that way. I did that drawing with PowerPoint. Next time, I think I'll do it on paper (it will be a lot faster, but probably more smudgy since I'd use a pencil -- not good enough to use ink!) and take a picture ;)

> "it's right like this 2020-01-01"

faty, will that work for you?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Actually, Crystal, if that was a PowerPoint drawing, you did great. My drawing skills are SO bad that I can't draw flies with ... well, you know. My artistic talents are all musical or verbal in nature.

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
thanks, Richard

what instruments do you play? Do you also write music? My favorite to play is piano.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
When I play my music these days, it is on a Technics F5 organ (which you can look up on YouTube to find videos of people playing one). Great instrument and I play it "straight" (i.e. minimal automation). As a kid I played accordion and trumpet. Never got really good on trumpet because before I could develop a good embrochure, we got a spinet organ on trial basis, and I took to that like a fish takes to water.

I have no videos of me on keyboards because I don't have a reasonable way to record it, much less to actually make a video.

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
hi Richard, so you're a keyboard guy too! (is that ok to say about an organ player?)

Accordian: I love that instrument! Never learned how to play one myself, but definitely more portable!

Trumpet: interesting. I used to play brass instruments -- still have my coronet and french horn although I can't play them very long anymore since my lips aren't in practice. I still remember which valves to press for the notes ... although with french horn, you actually don't have to use any valves! You can position your hand in the bell to make the tones different, and I learned to do that too.

murphybridget

Local time
Today, 07:20
When I play my music these days, it is on a Technics F5 organ (which you can look up on YouTube to find videos of people playing one). Great instrument and I play it "straight" (i.e. minimal automation). As a kid I played accordion and trumpet. Never got really good on trumpet because before I could develop a good embrochure, we got a spinet organ on trial basis, and I took to that like a fish takes to water.

I have no videos of me on keyboards because I don't have a reasonable way to record it, much less to actually make a video.
It must be a unique and fulfilling experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom