Date Query (1 Viewer)

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 00:10
I'd agree with @arnelgp .
David - create a blank new database.
Import all the objects in your current database into the new one.

You will need to recreate any relationships you created, and any file specific option things (open specific form on database open etc)

namliam

The Mailman - AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 01:10
Highly possible that you have a module someplace that is not compilable.
I.e. it has some coding problem.... try compiling your modules to see if this is the problem.
If it works in a blank database; this is your problem :(

Dumferling

Local time
Highly possible that you have a module someplace that is not compilable.
I.e. it has some coding problem.... try compiling your modules to see if this is the problem.

You will need to recreate any relationships you created, and any file specific option things (open specific form on database open etc)
[/QUO

The issue occurs in any database, new or not, if I try to do this as part of a query in a query grid. It does not occur if I use DateAdd in VBA. No matter which database (current or new blank one) I use, the problem is exactly the same. Its very confusing so I can only conclude there is something fundamentally wrong with my Access installation and not with the specific databases. It seems like the issue won't go away so I will have to use a VBA somehow to produce the variable and insert it into a query. Thanks for all the help and advice, much appreciated

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 00:10
The issue occurs in any database, new or not, if I try to do this as part of a query in a query grid. It does not occur if I use DateAdd in VBA. No matter which database (current or new blank one) I use, the problem is exactly the same. Its very confusing so I can only conclude there is something fundamentally wrong with my Access installation and not with the specific databases. It seems like the issue won't go away so I will have to use a VBA somehow to produce the variable and insert it into a query. Thanks for all the help and advice, much appreciated
If it is in a brand new blank database then yes you have a problem!
What if you create a blank query with a single field in it and a small table something like this;
1588242422551.png

Are you able to do that?
If not then I would strongly suggest a complete removal of Access and a re-install.

Dumferling

Local time
If it is in a brand new blank database then yes you have a problem!
What if you create a blank query with a single field in it and a small table something like this;
View attachment 81569
Are you able to do that?
If not then I would strongly suggest a complete removal of Access and a re-install.
Yes, I tried that and it gave exactly the same issue. Hence the conclusion of a Access and not database problem. Re-install it is!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom