date range fields leave blank for all (1 Viewer)

tracey75

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:55
I have been racking my brain on this for a while. I have two fields for a date range when i put a date "from" and "to" i get my report no problem but the thing is i want to be able not to put in a date range at all and the report will come up with all date. I can't get it to work. I tried the Null stuff and still having problems.

Please Help

Robert Saye

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:55
I believe in the KISS method of database design, if you want the report to default to all try this. Set your text field beginning date to something like 1/1/1935, and your ending date to 1/1/2029. Then the user won't have to enter anything to get all the data; but if they want to specify dates they still can.

HTH

tracey75

Registered User.
Local time
Can you tell me where i should be putting that? Is it in the Default value property box? Or, should i putting it somewhere else?

Robert Saye

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:55
Yep, under properties on your form, you can put it in the default value space. Or you can do it in the table under design view.

HTH
Robert

tracey75

Registered User.
Local time
I put 01/01/1935 in the start date in Default Value and 01/01/2029 in the End date and this does not work. I get no records when i do that. Any other suggestions?

[This message has been edited by tracey75 (edited 07-07-2000).]

DML

Registered User.
Local time
I am assuming that you are using these dates in a query or SQL statement. Could you post that statement, please?

tracey75

Registered User.
Local time
Actually, this is what i have:
I have to unbound text boxes on a form one that is name txtFrom and another txtTo. When i click on it to preview this information comes from the query which says "Between [Forms]![frmDateRange]![txtFrom] And [Forms]![frmDateRange]![txtTo]"

Is there something i'm doing wrong?

DML

Registered User.
Local time
I sent you an e-mail with an attached database with a sample of how to do it.

Is this the same problem as the one you have posted under queries?

[This message has been edited by DML (edited 07-07-2000).]

geno

Registered User.
Local time
I am having sort of the same problem with one of my forms. The difference being that I get no data returned. I have it set up so if there are no records a message box comes up letting the user know. I run this with dates that I know are in the table and I still get the message no records found. Could I get your email on how to set this up properly?
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom