Date/Time Simplify (1 Viewer)

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 03:54
It's not about the code, code isn't a problem focus on the logic first.

How does a user adjust the date part of a particular TimeIn or TimeOut field if there's no date part in the field?

rangersedge

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:54
That's what I'm trying to figure out now. I have it working as long as all times are the same day. What I can't figure out is how to fix the next day issue

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
You could convert that into a Continuous Form with the date field as the first field and the TimeIns/Outs following:
Code:
DateWorked     |    TimeIn     |     TimOut     |     TimeIn     |     TimeOut
Or have a week's view:
Code:
                Mon(21/7)    |    Tues(22/7)    |    Wed(23/7)
---------------------------------------------------------------
TimeIn
TimeOut
Code:
                Mon(21/7)    |    Tues(22/7)    |    Wed(23/7)
---------------------------------------------------------------
Times:           In/Out      |      In/Out      |     In/Out
The last two being more complicated and more advanced of course.

rangersedge

Registered User.
Local time
The way it's set up is an exact replica of a paper form that we already use. I made a split form to navigate between projects for the current week

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
If that's the case then I'm sure they will only enter one day's in/out records on that same form. This you need to clarify.

If they need to input for a different day, the user will simply create a new record, add the date and type away.

rangersedge

Registered User.
Local time
They usually just continue it on. Some guys work over night for weeks at a time. That would mean 2 sheet each day

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Then what you have isn't a complete replica. You also need to consider hand-written field names, i.e. a date for an entire row or a date for a particular clock in.

That's why I gave you the above suggestions.

rangersedge

Registered User.
Local time
It can't be this hard to make the date part of each field default to the date in the DateWorked field. That's all I'm trying to do... set it to default to that date instead of the default date of pre dinosaur...

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
If it was easy everyone will be developers and everyone will be creating their own timesheet applications.

As I have already mentioned, your data design doesn't fully replicate how users complete a timesheet. Yes your form looks like how the timesheet looks but your tables don't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom