dates (1 Viewer)

k209310

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:08
I have a problem searching dates. I have created a proceedure in excel to search a database using a date inputted by the user.

I can carry out a search using the format(DD/MM/YYYY) however i cannot get the seach to carryout the search format(MM/YYYY).

I think the problem is down to the way the data is set in the database. If in access i set the date field to "DATE" then the search will not work if i set it to "TEXT" it does work

Does anybody have any ideas

Fizzio

Chief Torturer
Local time
It maybe how you are searching for the date. Post the code snippet where you pass the date inputted value for your search criteria.

k209310

Registered User.
Local time
is this what your after?

Set rst = Db.OpenRecordset("SELECT * FROM tblESTIMATE WHERE tblEstimate.DATE='" & txtDate & "'")

Fizzio

Chief Torturer
Local time
Are you inputting the date into a cell in excel or into an input box and can the user type in 1/1/02,1/01/02 and 01/02 etc. If that is so, you need to tell access that is is looking for a date. How you will need to do this is by doing 2 things (I think). Initially you will need to put # around your dates ie

Set rst = Db.OpenRecordset("SELECT * FROM tblESTIMATE WHERE tblEstimate.DATE='#" & txtDate & "#'")
This tells access to use txtDate as a date.

But if the users can type in mm/yy then it will not return any records as your dates are more than likely stored as dd/mm/yy.

Also, I'm not sure if you need to format the date into mm/dd/yyyy as I seem to recall having problems like this myself with dates in code-generated SQL. if so, try this

Set rst = Db.OpenRecordset("SELECT * FROM tblESTIMATE WHERE tblEstimate.DATE='#" & format(txtDate,"mm/dd/yyyy") & "#'")

Hope this helps and can anyone give clarification on that last formatting point?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom