"Dis" allowing edits in datasheet mode when macros are used. Why won't this work? (1 Viewer)

twinupshot

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:09
"Dis" allowing edits in datasheet mode when macros are used. Why won't this work?

Hello all,

I'm looking for someone to help me understand why a form of mine that has only 3 fields - [Name], [Date], [Notes] isn't working right.
I have the form's "Allowedits = No" which works great except when I add a macro that uses the "Setvalue" to put the current user in the name field and to put the current date in the date field the form allows editing. When I take the macro out it works the way it should.
All I'm doing is creating a Journal entry area that allows one to write notes into the [Notes] field and automatically plugs in the current user and the date/time but doesn't allow editing once entered.

Is there a better way of doing this?

Thanks

Bryan

R

Rich

You should note before going any further that both Name and Date are reserved words in Access and shouldn't be used as field names, change them to something else before going too far with your db, something like fldName, fldDate

twinupshot

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:09
Thanks Rich,

I did make those changes. Good Advice.

Any ideas on my form problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom