Disable Timer after event (1 Viewer)

Merdok

Nerd
Local time
Today, 21:00
Hi there, me again! :)

Right, I have a timer event to trigger after 5 seconds but I dont want the event to trigger again, is it possible to disable the timer after an event has passed.

Cheers.

Merdok

Nerd
Local time
hmm... that sounds promising.

Ok forgive me for being stupid here but where do I put that code?

Currently the timer (set on a fullscreen background form)executes a macro which opens a splash screen which then opens another form.

What I'm currently getting is the first macro opens the splash screen, but it doesnt get to the main menu as the splash screen is being constantly opened.

Mile-O

Back once again...
Local time
In the OnTimer() event of your form (the one with the timer)

Merdok

Nerd
Local time
Ok I know I must sound quite stupid by now but I still dont know what to do .

Currently I have a Macro running in the OnTimer box with a TimerInterval of 1. This Macro opens another form called Form_About

After the Macro has run its course I dont want it to run again, however I want the original form to remain open in the background.

Mile-O

Back once again...
Local time
Remove the macro and use VBA to make this possible.

There have been a lot of posts about making a Splash Screen posted on this forum - some with physical examples.

Have a search for these.

Merdok

Nerd
Local time
The splash screen isnt actually the problem, its the fullscreen background which is causing the headache.

Is there anyway to do this without removing the macro as I dont feel confident (in any small way) with hard-coding anything.

Mile-O

Back once again...
Local time
I don't know as I never use macros as they offer nothing to me.

It sounds like what you are wanting to do is the simplest, tiniest piece of code but you appear reluctant to try it out.

Do you really have the Timer Interval set to 1 - this means your macro is going to run every millisecond. Setting it to 1,000 will make it run every second. So set your timer to 5,000.

On your form's OnTimer event, just select the Code Builder and put the two lines:

Code:
DoCmd.OpenForm "frmYourFormNameHere", acNormal
Me.TimerInterval = 0

Merdok

Nerd
Local time
well I wanted the splash page to load the moment the background loaded but the on_current, on_open and on_load boxes were taken.

That code worked like a charm.

Thank you.! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom