Display a Sum in the Page Header (1 Viewer)

wcelenski

Local time
Today, 13:08
I understand that this is not a common inquiry because sums are generally displayed in the latter part of the report. Group footers, report footers etc. My current situation is unique, however. At least to me it is.

In an attempt to make life easier for an employee I am copying a form that she usually fills in by hand into crystal so that when she runs the report all of the data fields are populated and she essentially has to do no work except fill in the one parameter. The form must be copied exactly, due to the fact it has to be sent into the state after it is completed. The layout of the form has all of the headers being displayed before the actual data. So my issue is, how can display a total before the actual data? Is it even possible? I've tried different things in the section expert, I've tried creating a running total, which I may have done incorrectly.

Any help, or even a shove in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

mattlscc

Local time
Today, 10:08
Same question for me...any responses found?

Hey, I have the same problem where I need to display the total of the data for each at the top of the page. I don't want to have to do multiple queries and also due to sorting and figuring out where page breaks are it could be cumbersome...I'd like to know if there is a built in function or capability of crystal reports to handle this situation on its own within the report. Thanks so much!

Kinger43

racecar driver
Local time
Today, 13:08
I have a very similar situation as well where I need a calculated value to display in a group header. Does anyone have an answer to this?

Mohanbabu.Pandari

Local time
Today, 22:38
Create the formula like f_Summ_Value and place the code like below and place the formula in GHeader

Sum ({command.column1},{command.column2})

column1 : Summary Field
column2 : Group Field

If not work, try below

WhileReadingRecords;
Sum ({command.column1},{command.column2})

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom