Display Message when not found (1 Viewer)

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Today, 02:36
didn't pay attention to the word number quote
a quote for me is a long text
sometimes ....
That's actually a failing of mine too many times. I've been "doing Access" for so long, and participating in forums so long that I skim posts and think I know what's going on because I've seen it hundreds of times before. 99 out of 100 times I am right, but when I miss a key element it's kind of embarrassing. It's a good reminder to me to pay close attention to details.

On a related topic, English is a wonderful, endlessly creative and treacherous language, is it not? We have homophones ("wood" and "would"), words which take on different meanings in different contexts ("primary election", "primary key") and words that make no sense at all, ("flammable" and "inflammable" mean the same darn thing, but "edible" and "inedible" are exactly opposite).

Ozzboss

Local time
Today, 09:36
What is being searched for is a quote number. It's the code that identifies which quote for a job needs to be retrieved. In this context, we're talking about jobs the OP does for clients, and as part of that process, the OP prepares quotes about the work, cost, etc.

This is 100% correct

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 09:36
That's actually a failing of mine too many times. I've been "doing Access" for so long, and participating in forums so long that I skim posts and think I know what's going on because I've seen it hundreds of times before. 99 out of 100 times I am right, but when I miss a key element it's kind of embarrassing. It's a good reminder to me to pay close attention to details.

On a related topic, English is a wonderful, endlessly creative and treacherous language, is it not? We have homophones ("wood" and "would"), words which take on different meanings in different contexts ("primary election", "primary key") and words that make no sense at all, ("flammable" and "inflammable" mean the same darn thing, but "edible" and "inedible" are exactly opposite).
English also traps the unwary with many heteronyms (same spelling but different pronunciation depending on context. For example
- I object to that object
- the sow eats all the seeds I sow
- lead poisoning will lead to serious health issues
:... and many more

Good test for text to speech

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom