display query result in a form instead of design view (1 Viewer)

urfriend

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:36
Guys (and girls!)...

Any clue on how to display a query result automatically on a form instead of appearing in design view??

THANKS...

John Big Booty

AWF VIP
Local time
Tomorrow, 08:36
Use your Query as the Record Source for your form, then simply open the form and it will be populated with the results from your Query.

Isskint

Slowly Developing
Local time
Today, 23:36
create a form that uses the query as its datasource and open the form instead of running the query

EDIT: grrr. evening JB:banghead:

urfriend

Registered User.
Local time
Well, your answers imply that I understand what you are talking about, which unfortunately isn't true!

could you please be more detailed on how to make this happen??

I mean as long as I'm not demanding...

Isskint

Slowly Developing
Local time
Use the Form wizard to create a new form and select your query name form the drop down list as the data source. Then whenever you want to view the results of the query you open the form and not the query.

Which version of Access are you using?

urfriend

Registered User.
Local time
Use the Form wizard to create a new form and select your query name form the drop down list as the data source. Then whenever you want to view the results of the query you open the form and not the query.

Which version of Access are you using?

hmmm...

I'll give it a try, thanks

urfriend

Registered User.
Local time
Guys,
I believe what you have guided me through takes to displaying my search result in a form which is not precisely my debate here. Let me be clearer about my request:

I got an access search form that has multiple search criteria, and once I run it, the result shows up in the datasheet view.

how is it possible to show the result automatically in a form instead of showing the result in the datasheet view then creating a form from the outcome??

rodmc

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:36
There are many different ways in which the data can be displayed as you already probably know.

A continuous form is a from that can display multiple records simultaneously, in a way its like a datasheet but it remains a form.

Think of a form thats height is only 1cm, on that form is a row of text feilds and shows you one record, below that (in the same subform window) is another 1cm high form with a singular record and so on so forth.

try it! create said form in the normal fashion then go to form properties and in the Default view property change it from single for to continuous form

urfriend

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for your sincere help
However, this is a step ahead of what I'm asking!!

You're assuming that I already have the result of the query as a form and that I want to change the way this form looks, which is not the case.

I still get the query result in datasheet view.

How do I make the query result appear as a form in the first place? Then, no offence, I would worry about displaying the form either "single" or "continuous".

Thanks a lot..

rodmc

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:36
Use the Form Wizard, when the first dialog box appears, select your query from the drop down list, this will build your form automatically from your query fields

Isskint

Slowly Developing
Local time
Use the Form Wizard, when the first dialog box appears, select your query from the drop down list, this will build your form automatically from your query fields

The answer has been given 5 times now in this thread. YOU NEED to follow the steps given. CREATE the form so you can view/display your query as you want (in a form). Now once you have CREATED the form, instead of running the query, you OPEN the form instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom