Display set number of records (1 Viewer)

Chrism2

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:41
Hello,

I have a continuous subform which displays only one field; though there can be quite a few records.

Currently, you can view all of the records using the vertical scroll bar; but to be honest, I don't think this looks terribly good - I'd rather display 5 at a time and create navigation buttons to see the next 5 / previous 5. Is this possible, and if so, how?

Thanks

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 06:41
This isn't an easy task so I will give you the idea:

You need a main form and a subform. The subform will display the continuous records whilst the main form will hold your navigation buttons.

1. Base your main form on a query that is has a sequentially numbered field. Search the forum for Sequential Numbering. You can also add my user name to the search criteria as well because I proposed one way of doing that too.
2. To get the first five records your main form should filter the record source of the subform by setting the Numbered field to be BETWEEN 1 and 5 or BETWEEN 6 and 10 etc... as the case may be.

SELECT Numbered_Field, Surname, Forename FROM Customers WHERE Numbered_Field BETWEEN 1 and 5;

I hope this gives you some food for thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom