Display text from specific row of unrelated table in a form (1 Viewer)

D-Angle

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:16
I have a database that is to be used to survey different teams, using the same set of questions. I am creating a form for each question so I can store the scores, comments and evidence for each team. This is stored in several related tables (there was too much data for Access to store it all in one table), which all have a field for the team name to link them together. The form for each question will only show the info for a pre-selected team, not every answer from every team.

Also in the database, I have the questions, the criteria for each score, and the category, all in a table of their own. There is a chance that these could be re-worded over time, so I am trying to keep them in a table so it would be easy to change them once and have it update on any forms, reports etc. that they would appear on.

I am trying to get the details for each question to appear on its respective form but can't figure out how to do it. For example there is a form for question 1.1, which would display different scores, comments etc. depending on which team you are looking at, but I also want it to display the question, criteria and category for question 1.1 as held in that question's row of the questions table.

Does that make sense? Can I do that?

Ranman256

Local time
Today, 01:16
youd have a few tables:
the questions table
the teams table
the TeamQuestions table.

tQuestions, has all questions. QId would be added to the tTeamQuestions table for the team.
A reworded question would get a new QId, so you can keep history of the old questions.
The QID and TeamID would get added to the tTeamQuestions table.

tTeamQuestions holds the team ID and all Questions you want to ask from the tQuestions table.
tTeamQuestions also holds the answers, scores, etc.
maybe event a Set field, so each team can have different Sets of questions. 1 set for 2016, 1 set for 2017

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom