DLookUp Referencing in Control on Subform #Name Error

Pauline123

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:25
Help! I am slowly losing the will to live :(

I have a control on a subform that uses the DLookUp function to get a numerical value from a query.

When I use the following in the subform it works fine:

=DLookUp("[TotNoDays]","qryHolEntitCalculation","[HPIDNo]=" & [Forms]![HolidayTakenForm]![ HPIDNo])

But when I use the following when the subform is nested in the main form I keep getting the #Name error:

=DLookUp("[TotNoDays]","qryHolEntitCalculation","[HPIDNo]=" & [Forms]![HolidaysMainForm].[Form]![HolidayTakenForm]![HPIDNo])

The subform is linked to the main form via the EmployeeID number.

Have attached example of problem - tried various combinations without success. Heeelllllppppp - Pauline

Attachments

ALWAYS use the picker builder....is spells the path correctly...
yours is probably
[Forms]![HolidaysMainForm]![HolidayTakenForm].[Form]![HPIDNo]

form![formname]![subformname]!form![controlName]

If you check this handy web site you will find this form for the reference in this case

Code:
Forms!Mainform!Subform1.Form!ControlName

So if [HolidayTakenForm] is the name of the subform control you would want

Code:
Forms![HolidaysMainForm]![HolidayTakenForm].Form![HPIDNo]

You can verify this in the query designer by typing in a criteria field and Intellisense will help you create the reference. It's best to have all forms and subforms open when you do this.

Hey sorry only just getting back to you guys - your info was great but I realised that all I needed to do was just reference the text box on the sub form and it worked a dream - hate mental blocks lol but thanks for your input very much appreciated - Pauline

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom