Do I die before I get old? (1 Viewer)

Adam Caramon

Local time
Today, 09:07
The rest of what you typed makes no sense to me what so ever about a 'situation that you yourself made up'.

I probably didn't explain it well. You proposed this situation:

..and now governments and financial institutions control people than through fear of eternal torment!
Then answered your own question:

How can people who are well-read accept such institutions as anything other than a control mechanism?
Since you used nearly the exact same language I did when I made a statement about another poster's view, you seemed to be attributing a point of view to me that I never made.

I was trying to draw a similarity between the statement of religion controlling the population over history and the current situation where people are becoming pawns to financial institutions which are shored up by all levels of governments.

I would agree with you that people are/are becoming pawns to financial institutions. I'm not sure that you would find a lot of people that would disagree with you on that point. Which is why I think your statement of:

How can people who are well-read accept such institutions as anything other than a control mechanism?
Seemed a bit out of place. Seems like we could chalk this one up to a miscommunication.

Alc

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:07
Wish I'd kept my mouth shut. :eek:

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
Today, 14:07
Surely the only real functions of governments is to control so of course they control people.

As the old proverb has it "he who pays the piper calls the tune" so no wonder that financial institutions can exercise control.

Seems pretty obvious to me:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom