Do you believe in The Supernatural? (1 Viewer)

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
Today, 04:35
Eh, as I said, the only thing keeping me in 'I don't know' territory rather than 'Hell no"-ville is that encounter I described. For all I know I was getting punk'd before it was a thing; it's just that if they weren't lying, then I don't know WTF was going on.

Last edited:

ConnorGiles

Strange Traveller
Local time
Today, 09:35
Eh, as I said, the only thing keeping me in 'I don't know' territory rather than 'Hell no"-vile is that encounter I described. For all I know I was getting punk'd before it was a thing; it's just that if they weren't lying, then I don't know WTF was going on.

Who knows Frothing, I have seen unexplainable things that simply could not have been logically real. But they were, I have no evidence to prove this other than my word. (In some cases more than one of us see the same thing) which kind of validates the sighting I guess :confused:

Libre

been around a little
Local time
Today, 01:35
Again-
The lack of an explanation does not constitute evidence.
If something is observed and nobody can explain it without involving supernatural forces, either:
1- the observation was misunderstood, somebody was drunk, or playing a trick, or outright fraud is at the bottom of it;
2- science can't explain it YET but with enough study it will be understood;
Or
3- there really are "paranormal" and supernatural events that are outside the realm of explainable phenomena.

My assessment of the probabilities:
1. 99.99%
2. 00.01%
3. So unlikely as to be inexpressible in numbers, but I can't say it's impossible.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Why is it that all aliens and supernatural goings on happens in the USA?

Also, it's always in some tinpot little town where the locals are shall we say, of limited intelligence.

Surely an alien or ghost would prefer Times Square or somewhere they can get on CNN.

Why do Americans believe all this rubbish?

Col

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Is believing in the supernatural the same as believing in religion?

Col

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
Yes, because Americans invented werewolves, vampires, witches, elves, goblins, hobgoblins, giants, ghosts, and gods.

Your hatred of the US is blinding you more and more to common sense, Colon.

As I recently told Bladerunner, you really should engage your brain on occasion before running off at the mouth, as America is far from the only nation to have citizens who believe in the supernatural.

Or have you forgotten Nessie?

Last edited:

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Yes, because Americans invented werewolves, vampires, witches, elves, goblins, hobgoblins, giants, ghosts, and gods.

Wrong. Invented way before the USA existed, so no credit there.

. . .as America is far from the only nation to have citizens who believe in the supernatural.

Yet again you misread my comment. Do try to keep up, it can be so tiring having to correct you time and time again

No, why?

Col

Bladerunner

Registered User.
Local time

"As I recently told Bladerunner, you really should engage your brain on occasion before running off at the mouth"

appears to me you need to take your own advice once in a while. um,um, ummmmmm

Libre

been around a little
Local time

Your hatred of the US is blinding you more and more to common sense, Colon.

As I recently told Bladerunner, you really should engage your brain on occasion before running off at the mouth, as America is far from the only nation to have citizens who believe in the supernatural.

Apparently I'm the only one that sees the irony in Frothing's post.
Let's all read it again and maybe we'll see it.

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
appears to me you need to take your own advice once in a while. um,um, ummmmmm

Wow, I thought even you were intelligent enough to understand I wasn't saying that Americans actually invented those.

No matter how low I set my expectations for you, you manage to undershoot them. Perhaps in the future I need to keep my writing to one syllable words of five or fewer letters and simple 'See Dick run. Run, Dick, run.' grammar so you can understand me.

Last edited:

Bladerunner

Registered User.
Local time
Wow, I thought even you were intelligent enough to understand I wasn't saying that Americans actually invented those.

No matter how low I set my expectations for you, you manage to undershoot them. Perhaps in the future I need to keep my writing to one syllable words of five or fewer letters and simple 'See Dick run. Run, Dick, run.' grammar so you can understand me.

I believe you answered Colins question about the supernatural vs religion and you said "yes" "Because".........

Now you should learn to write a little better if that is NOT what you are trying to convey to others. No, I did not take it the way you are portraying it now. And then destroy when you can. Your kind always does that.

ConnorGiles

Strange Traveller
Local time
Is believing in the supernatural the same as believing in religion?

Col

Not really,

Religion is more about Worshipping a Deity, Believing in the supernatural sort of means you can agree that there is a possibility that there is something "Not-Natural" that exists.

No worship from me my friend! I think I cleared that up with Alter2Ego on his religion thread :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom