docmd.transfertext to Excel error (1 Viewer)

GumbyD

Accessosaurus
Local time
Today, 20:15
I have written some code to export a query to excel. I am using the docmd.transfertext command. When it hits the line of code that executes the export the error "Run Time Error 3190. Too many Fields defined" comes up. The query I am trying to export has only 15 columns and I have repaired and compacted the database. When I export the query to excel from the datasheet view it goes without any problem. I dug around on the web and could not find any references to this specific issue. If you know something about it I would love to know it too. It is an Access 2000 database. Here is the line of code that is producing the error:

DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel9, "EmployeeInfo", "C:\App.xls", -1

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 12:15
Change this:
Code:
DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel9, "EmployeeInfo", "C:\App.xls", -1

To This:
Code:
DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel9, "EmployeeInfo", "C:\App.xls", True

GumbyD

Accessosaurus
Local time
Thanks for the reply. I tried the fix you suggested, but no luck I still get the same error. I am hoping that you have actually seen this problem before so that I can at least know that it is fixable. Do you (or anyone else out there) have any other ideas?

Thanks,

NJudson

Who farted?
Local time
Today, 15:15
Not sure if you did this already but what if you create a macro to do the import and then convert the macro to vba to get the code. That's what I've done in the past. HTH

ddmcn

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:15
Try using...

DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputQuery, "EmployeeInfo", acFormatXLS, "C:\App.xls",

GumbyD

Accessosaurus
Local time
I will try it out. It runs at night so I will not know if it works until the morning.
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom