Double Key Coding (1 Viewer)

T

TB_Pilot

I'm a bit inexperienced at vb coding, I need to have 2 tables, with identical fields. I need to do some form of report or error trapping based on the fields of the master table, and produce information on where any descepencies are at, exactly. I am trying to do this based on user (becuase it's secured) and line no, becuase that will not be changing. Any help with syntax would be great.

David R

I know a few things...
Local time
Today, 10:10
What do you mean by double key coding?

You can probably do what you want with a query and no coding at all, but I'm not sure what you're asking. Can you give an example of a 'valid' entry and an 'invalid' entry?

T

TB_Pilot

An example.....every entry is valid, say in the master table, lineno2, field 10 is the data "7890594", and in user table, lineno2, field 10 is the data "567382". This would be a no, no for what I'm trying to do, the data must match in all cases based on lineno. I think this can be done by a query, but there are quite a few fields (and they don't want to be inputting any info to get this report) this must be done on, and the output they are looking for would be more in a report or pop up error message format. I'm leaning towards the report. I know that this is not very hard, and I feel silly asking for help, but my knowledge of vb and access is very limited at this point.

Fornatian

Dim Person
Local time
Today, 16:10
Don't feel silly, we all start somewhere and we all have along way to go.

If you are looking to obtain a list of where lineno matches in both tables then choose 'new' from the query tab and select 'Find Duplicates Query Wizard' and follow the instructions.

Alternatively, if you are looking to identify those records which fall outside the rule then choose 'new' from the query tab and select 'Find Unmatched Query Wizard' and follow the instructions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom