Duplicate Entries....HELP!! (1 Viewer)

W

WuTang

I have just designed a make table query that sums up the number of 'yes' and 'no' responses (in separate fields) for a variety of questions. The same questions are asked on a number of different issues. My problem is that if more than one person gives an opinion on the same issue, but give different answers it is included as a separate record (i.e. if two people both answer question 1, but one answers 'yes' and one 'no', rather than the record displaying a count of one 'yes' and one 'no' it separates them and one record will display the 'yes' and the following record will display 'no'. I have exhausted all options I know with regard to combining the two (including the unique values option) with no joy. Please help!!!!!!

cfmiles

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:01
Check the query to make sure you only have the fields you are showing in the query grid

If you only want to show:

Question #
Yes Count
No Count

BUT you have brought down the Responder Field and unchecked the Show box - then you will still be grouping on the Responder - and each Responder will get a Yes or No

Everything in the Query grid with a Group By is Grouped on - regardless of whether or not you show it in the datasheet view.

(I've made this mistake numerous times and it throws me off every time!)

This may not be the case for you, though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom