Edit Quickbooks from MS Access (1 Viewer)

mkaeser

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:15
Hello All,

This problem is driving me nuts and Intuit help is atrocious.

Dim SessionMgr As New QBSessionManager
SessionMgr.CloseConnection
SessionMgr.OpenConnection "", "DB NAME"
SessionMgr.BeginSession "FILENAME", omDontCare

I installed the SDK to open my quickbooks file. This USED to work just fine, and for whatever reason, it stopped. I thought maybe the session wasn't completely ending between calls, so I added the CloseConnection prior to the call. Having that there or taking it out doesn't seem to make a difference. The code errors on the last line and give the message "Unable to Open Quickbooks".

So, if I OPEN quickbooks, but I DON'T open the company file, this code will run fine. For whatever reason, it is getting hung up on opening the actual quickbooks program, and for the life of me I don't see why. I have gone as far as uninstalling/reinstalling the SDK, making sure the permissions were correct and such, and it still gets hung up on opening the program. Any thoughts?

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

liddlem

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:15
Does quickbooks require the user to sign in before they can open a company file?

mkaeser

Registered User.
Local time
Does quickbooks require the user to sign in before they can open a company file?

Quickbooks does when you open the company file by yourself, but when you download the SDK and run it for the first time, it creates a prompt in Quickbooks asking if you authorize the SDK to access quickbooks when it isn't open and asks what user name you want it to use. Like I mentioned before, it doesn't have a problem opening the company file so the credentials aren't the issue, it just can't open the quickbooks program.

mkaeser

Registered User.
Local time
So I uninstalled, reinstalled the SDK. I changed the preference in Quickbooks to "Always stay running". Now, when I used the SDK to connect with the company file OPEN, then I close out of quickbooks and try the SDK again, it will access quickbooks and the company file. BUT, when I close the connection and try to open with the SDK the 2nd time, it will error saying it can't open quickbooks. There seems to be a problem with completely closing quickbooks out which is causing this error, but I can't figure out why?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom