Editable Form (1 Viewer)

djpearce

Bamedele
Local time
Today, 05:57
Hi. I created a form to be used for editing records. It displays ALL records in a "Files" table that match the BoxNo entered on a previous form. The record source is a query which has a relationship between the tblBoxes (one) and tblFiles (many). The records are showing in the form correctly but it will not allow me to edit.

I have set the allow edit, addition, deletion properties of the form to YES, and data entry to NO. Fields are not locked, and they have active tab stops. I also tried using VBA and set the datamode to edit.

Help please!?!
DJP

Last edited:

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 03:57
Can you make any changes in the Query itself? You may have a NonUpdateable Query!

hth

R. Hicks

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 04:57
You need a Mainform/Subform configuration for the One to Many setup ...
The many side table needs to be a subform.

RDH

Blue6688

Local time
Today, 04:57
Main form and subform

I have found that if you use main form and subform and you make mainform uneditable, then you cannot edit subform either.

djpearce

Bamedele
Local time
Editable form

I can not edit the record in the query. How do I make it editable? The query properties in design view does not show this. I think this is my problem.
;)

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
Hi,

Look in Access help under "troubleshoot queries" then pick Select queries. You will find several reasons why some queries are not updateable.

djpearce

Bamedele
Local time
Thank you for the clue, and the education. After reading about updating queries, I reverted to using VBA. A little more time in the begining, but is saves me time in the end.

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
Thanks for posting back and good luck with your project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom