Election Do-Over!!! (3 Viewers)

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 17:07
Sorry, Colin. I guess you couldn't see my tongue in cheek:) If you read the rest of what I said and understand that I wasn't attacking you, my comment might make more sense. Here in the US, if a person disagrees with some radical position a Democrat is proposing, it is obviously because he is a "Racist". The joke which apparently fell flat was that the Democrats loudly object to having to provide photo IDs in order to vote. They say it is "racist" at triple volume. Turning the concept around on them, we ask - "are black people too stupid to be able to get a free photo ID from the DMV?" Because, if they are not, asking for voter ID could not possibly be "racist".

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 22:07
If we offend you, then please ignore any or all of us.
Please don't lump me in with your "we". If you go around offending people, that's YP. Unless of course you can point out why I should be grouped in your gang.
Col

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I certainly wouldn't want to be lumped in to a group including you. My mistake. Please ignore me.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Those free photo IDs are $28 in Ct
I guess we can thank Lamont for that:( But they're a lot cheaper than a driver's license or Passport
Why do you think it only affects black people
Because anyone in favor of photo IDs for voting is called a racist so the Democrats seem to be the ones who think that blacks are not able to manage to acquire a photo id. I guess they can't fly or enter a federal building either.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 14:07
That's the line from the humanist and sympathetic Donald that cares about other people. And if you believe that, I have some swamp land in Florida you might want to buy. Malignant Narcissist . If you look that up there should be a picture of the Donald himself, but there is not. 60 times his law suites about election fraud have been thrown out of court. Not one succeeded. because you can't lie in court , and if you do there will be bars involved and/or law licenses revoked. There is no evidence, because none exists. It has now achieved the status of minor Urban Legend. He lost, and he can't handle it.

But as I always say, I don't vote for a person or support them politically based on how I feel about their personal human qualities quite nearly as much as I do based on what kinds of policies are they going to support.

So what have we learned since Biden took office, in what appears to be the most poignant illustration of this that I can remember in my lifetime about a president: Just because Biden, if you ran into him as a stranger in a back alley or in the laundromat, might be a nicer guy than Trump is in the same hypothetical: Doesn't mean they're better to run our country.

Everyone can see pretty easily that generally speaking, most of Trump's policies were better for the country than most of Biden's policies (if he can be said to have "policies" other than the usual Democrat approach of
just print or tax and spend more money to give money to people complaining about x__y__ or z__"

Honestly, I almost couldn't care less at this point in our history whether our President is the type of person who is a friendly, amiable, others-focused guy or not. Yes it would be a nice bonus, but it's the last priority that can possibly be.

We just need a candidate who, as President, will push policies that make our military STRONG (not inclusive, strong), that stop allowing countries like China and Iran to take advantage of us, that won't idolize the dream of environmental friendliness to the point where it crashes our economy, that understands Government needs to have limited function and it's OK to require personal responsibility and good choices of its citizenry, the Government's job isn't to guarantee identical outcomes (aka Equity) but rather to foster equal opportunities and acknowledge that each racial group has had cultural strengths and weaknesses that has allowed or prohibited it from achieving identical the same as the next one and Government's job is not to forcibly correct that, policies that allow states and localities to express their group conscience in areas of morality and education, policies that empower parents to be the primary decision makers over their children, policies that foster opportunities to CHOOSE to WORK rather than policies that forcibly steal money from working people and re-distribute them as benefits to cover people who have chosen to be less financially successful, and policies that aren't confused about the difference between cultural fashions versus biological realities, and policies that aren't confused about what the word "racist" and "racism" actually mean (hint: The mere difference in outcomes between two people does not create a premise of racism, nor does simply not liking someone). A government that isn't confused about whether we normally encourage children to get vaccinated - especially using a new vaccine - against something that has about the likelihood of seriously hurting them they do of winning the lottery.

See, Trump may have been a bit of a jerk sometimes personally, but he wasn't confused about these things.
Biden and the Democrats ARE very confused.

If you want a country where people work for their own reward and then keep as much as possible of their own reward, minus extreme situations for disabled or handicapped people or those who have suffered a disaster - then Vote Republican.

If you want a country where the determined, working % of the country gets more and more of their money forcibly taken (stolen) from them in order to soften life's blows on those who have chosen not to take advantage of the [currently 11 million open] opportunities to be successful, go ahead and vote Democrat. Just don't call yourself a humanitarian - humanitarians don't steal from people who have made right choices. Humanitarians persuade people to voluntarily donate from their surplus to deserving causes. There is a big difference.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Those free photo IDs are $28 in Ct. Why do you think it only affects black people?

So for the 10% of CT's population who are black, and the presumably much smaller population (maybe 1/3 of a percent) who claim they can't afford $28 for what might be considered one of most basic possessions (after food and even before shelter), of an adult, voting-eligible human being living in the United States - that is your urgent basis on which we must unequivocally reject voter ID laws across the United States??

Do you have another one, maybe...?

By the way, I'm also wondering if anyone has an actual reason or basis why it should cost exactly zero effort and exactly zero resources, in order to take advantage of our right to vote. I am aware of none.

We have many civic rights endowed by a myriad of legislation. You also have the right to run for political office, but is it free? Can you do it without even waking up in the morning and showering?

What is the moral or legal basis for insisting that we must, (all of a sudden, after 200 years), dumb-down voting to where any person, in any state, at any moment whatsoever, can blink their eye and their vote automagically cast?

It OUGHT to take a tiny bit of time and effort. If you aren't willing to put forth that tiny bit of effort (tiny in contrast with the value of it), then perhaps it's YOU who aren't valuing it appropriately.

The value of being able to vote isn't what needs to be constantly ever-reduced to match people's interest level. "Well, if I can blink my eye and cast a vote, then fine, I will!".
No, it's the person voting whose valuation of what they have been given who needs to raise that to a reasonable level that at least helps pay for a system with reasonable securities in place.

The idea of letting anonymous people vote - and then considering those votes sacred and meaningful - is so laughably ridiculous on its face, I wonder that people need it explained to them.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Those free photo IDs are $28 in Ct. Why do you think it only affects black people?
But they're free in Georgia, so why isn't the fight in Connecticut instead of Georgia?
Think about the demographics.

Still wonder why someone assumed black people? Because it excites their base to imagine they are being victimized in some way, even though no reasonable person would support a voting system where people are for all enforceable purposes anonymous if something better could be put in place.

Instead of asking someone else why they assumed black people, ask yourself why the fight over voting ID is in Georgia, rather than West Virginia or Iowa. ;)

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Guess it comes down to basics. I see it as a poverty issue where as you see it as a black issue.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Guess it comes down to basics. I see it as a poverty issue where as you see it as a black issue.
Then why do the Democrats call anyone who is in favor of voter ID a racist? Do we have an epithet we use when we think someone is discriminating against the poor? Racist is sooooooooo yesterday and over used. I guess because it is the catch all slur. We have one for pretty much everything else. Maybe it is "poor-a-phobe" or "rich bitch".

What happens if those same poor people have to go into a federal building? How about if they want to open a bank account? How about if they want to see a new doctor? If they are too poor for a "free" photo ID in Georgia - where the fight is, they're probably too poor to fly. However, if they are in the country illegally, they can use their arrest papers to get on a plane:( Just one more case where illegal immigrants get favorable treatment over US citizens.

The point I'm trying to make is that calling people who think that voter ID is necessary racist is downright idiotic and reeks of the bigotry of low expectations of the left.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Drip drip drip. This thread plods along adding additional evidence that the media, through manipulative reporting, unfairly tilted the 2020 election in favor of Biden. Harry Reid, to justify his lies concerning Romney famously stated (paraphrased) without apology "Romney lost, we won."

Two years after 2020 and after the 2022 midterms, Breitbart reports: "Wow, what a coincidence. More than two years later and just days after a major national election, far-left CBS News has verified that Hunter Biden’s laptop (aka The Laptop from Hell) is indeed Hunter Biden’s laptop."

Just to re-highlight a couple of prior stories of how the "fix was in":

Leslie Stahl: We're Not Covering Hunter Biden Laptop "Because It Can't Be Verified"
"60 Minutes" has claimed to be investigative news. Why not in this instance?
Miranda Devine of the New York Post broke the story, so the evidence was out there (at the time) for Stahl to "verify" through an investigation.

I doubt that we will ever see an apology form Leslie Stahl for this politically motivated "hit-job".

Last edited:

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
All the major news outlets around the world sat on this story because it would have changed the election. They eventually have to admit to the deception but by then it's too late. The sheep have moved on to the next shiny object.

Makes you wonder what else they manipulate covid, climate...:unsure:

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
We will live to see the day when the truth about JFK's assignation comes out - but by then anyone who could be held accountable will be long gone and no one will give a damn.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I had watched 60 minutes for all of my life. Ever since I was a child. I stopped watching when they started doing hatchet jobs on Trump. It was like losing a relative. I used to keep Stuart Varney on for background noise in the morning. I stopped watching him when he started doing his hatchet job on Trump after this election. He never liked Trump but he used to stay non-political for the most part.

I might have to stop watching Tucker after the ridiculous statement he made at the Patriot awards where he said that Fox management was just like us. I call Bull**** on that. Maybe that was forced on him as payment to let him get away with what he says about the woke mob. Now we're having to see that piece of **** Paul Ryan who now works for Fox tell us that Trump lost the election!!!! No mention of McConnell telling people that the candidates were poor choices BEFORE the election just because Trump's picks were winning in the primaries and I think his total is around 90% in the general.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Trump gave the CIA, FBI and other agencies a deadline of April 26 to release documents related to the investigation into President John F. Kennedy’s assassination by Lee Harvey Oswald on Nov. 22, 1963, in Dallas.

Trump promised to release documents pertaining to the Kennedy assassination, but sadly he didn't or they didn't comply. And now the Biden administration is passing the buck also.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 22:07
Trump promised to release documents pertaining to the Kennedy assassination, but sadly he didn't or they didn't comply. And now the Biden administration is passing the buck also.
Why on earth would Trump want documents regarding the Killing of Kennedy 60 years ago? Maybe he has inside information on Lincoln too, maybe there was a conspiracy between the Lincoln killer and the ice-cream seller in the theatre.
Col

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Why on earth would Trump want documents regarding the Killing of Kennedy 60 years ago?

Some of us are still waiting for the unreleased documents regarding Kennedy's assassination. If you're satisfied with the government version then congratulations you can move on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom