Election Do-Over!!! (2 Viewers)

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 23:42
I suppose the Trump lovers here, especially Pat, are in full support of the disgusting scenes of riot in the capital. All that was urged on by the idiot because he is too childish to admit defeat gracefully. One rioter who was smashing up the senate said they were law abiding citizens! How can a nation like the USA let this happen?
Also, no social distancing, very few wearing masks, no thought for how they are spreading the virus, I'm afraid the USA is a loser nation with a clown as leader. A banner said 'Palosi is Satan' . . . .why? What has she done?
Col

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 15:42
After BLM made a ridiculous and horrible example to the whole nation for 4 solid months, that rioting was "well it's too bad, but really, we understand them - they're hurting, they're in pain, blah blah" .......... Yet I have to concede that even one incident of lawlessness done by 'my' political side is TOO MUCH, hopefully those who broke the law get properly held to account--Today, yesteryear, and always.

I'm sorry, but I can't stop laughing at the close up of the guy with the Speaker's mantle. It's too hilarious and also awful and horrible., of course.

Riot for riot, side to side, we're still 1 to 1000, so I'm not overly concerned. This will fade fast.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 18:42
A second wrong does not make a "right". Moreover, the optics of the "peaceful protests" will be politically damaging, The media has been slobbering for one last opportunity to hyperventilate and to further demonize the Trump administration before it exits. Seems that the muckraking media has gotten its unearned wish.

We also need to consider the fact that the Democratic Party has been unjustly attempting to oust Trump since before he even took office. Hillary Clinton even admonished Biden, if he were the one losing, to never concede and to fight on. Then there is Maxine Waters, as one of several Democrats, who demanded that the public accost those supporting Trump. Senator Jeff Flake was trapped and accosted in a Capital elevator by those in the Me2 movement. Muriel Browse, the Mayor of Washington DC even endorsed the "peaceful protests" by Black Lives Matters in Washington DC. The Democrats have a history of endorsing violence or shall we say "peaceful protests".

There is also a "second level" to the "peaceful protests". That is that many governors have been using Covid-19 as an excuse to shutdown the economy of their states. This has been hurting people financially and health-wise, leading to great frustration. We are now seeing protests to that and even the reluctance of police in many cases to arrest those protestors. One may not consider that to be a direct factor to today's events, but it does add to the frustration of people and their need to respond to that government repression.

Governor Cuomo, in support of left wing protesters exclaimed: "Show me where it says that protests are supposed to be polite and peaceful." In a separate incident AOC tweeted: "The whole point of protesting is to make ppl uncomfortable." Additionally numerous Democratic politicians with (fake) great moral authority call on those rioting and looting to stop; but they then go on to state how they are sympathetic to the needs of those rioting and looting and can then understand their pain which indirectly endorses those illegal activities. The net effect, little effort if any is actually undertaken to stop those actions, Portland being one example. So why should left wing "peaceful protests" be excused but not right wing "peaceful protests"? Hypocrisy!

Again, a second wrong does not make a right, but one also has to also consider that the stage was set by the unjust disorderly actions of the Democratic Party as being the precursor to current events where those victimized by the Democrats for the past four years have now had enough and are now reacting. Unfortunately, optics will be bad.

Last edited:

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
It's a bloody good job those rioters weren't blacks, otherwise the police would have opened fire and used it as an excuse to cull a few dozen.
Col

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
It's a bloody good job those rioters weren't blacks, otherwise the police would have opened fire and used it as an excuse to cull a few dozen.
Col
You must not have turned on your TV all summer. They did riot several hundred times with no consequence.
In fact, people set up charitable foundations to provide Bail money to get them out of jail, if arrested.

I'm proud of Trump for practicing what he preaches in this regard - getting on tape and telling them to GO HOME and be PEACEFUL.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
In the USA, there are so many riots and protests, they don't always get on our TV here in the UK. I was thinking of Selma Alabama.
How can you be proud of Trump? He stirred it all up with his speech, didn't expect such a riot and had no choice but to go on TV to try to quell the riot. Plus, if he was any sort of gentleman, he would have accepted defeat back in November, and behaved in a statesmanlike way. Instead he acted like a spoilt child, and subsequently ruined the reputation of his party, the integrity of the USA, and made Americans the laughing stock of the world.
Anyone who votes republican now will be branded as someone who supports a party of violence and dissent.
I know you'll say, 'oh the democrats did this or that' or Biden is accused of this or that, it happens at every presidential election in the USA, and to any prospective candidate. According to the people, no candidate is suitable.
Col

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Col

1610039770606.png

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
In the USA, there are so many riots and protests, they don't always get on our TV here in the UK. I was thinking of Selma Alabama.
How can you be proud of Trump? He stirred it all up with his speech, didn't expect such a riot and had no choice but to go on TV to try to quell the riot. Plus, if he was any sort of gentleman, he would have accepted defeat back in November, and behaved in a statesmanlike way. Instead he acted like a spoilt child, and subsequently ruined the reputation of his party, the integrity of the USA, and made Americans the laughing stock of the world.
Anyone who votes republican now will be branded as someone who supports a party of violence and dissent.
I know you'll say, 'oh the democrats did this or that' or Biden is accused of this or that, it happens at every presidential election in the USA, and to any prospective candidate. According to the people, no candidate is suitable.
Col
You talk a lot about statesmanlike and laughing and appearance. Which is funny, since you have the craziest looking leader.
Anyway, I'm not concerned very much about appearance or statesmens, or laughing. We need things to actually get done, that's what concerns me in politics.
Anyone who votes republican now will be branded as someone who supports a party of violence and dissent
That's very ignorant & makes no sense to say, since liberals rioted all summer and still have plenty of support. In fact, you might say they made rioting popular! LOL.

You talk about branding - again with the appearances. I do not care how people "brand" me. Plus, I won't hold still for it :LOL:

PS, I have you on permanent ignore, but decided to have some fun today and respond a bit. Goodbye again. : )

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
AB, I don't understand the significance of the picture of that girl. She's got a nice smile though.

Isaac, you don't grasp what I'm saying, that's because you're within the white picket fence, you should view more from outside.
Col

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
And both sides are f$&king stupid. Gathering en masse as a pandemic continues to ravage this world. Who cares if mainly the elderly and immune suppressed die, right? Idiots, the lot.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Col, it's the "Black Lives Matter" movement, a group that organized some disruptive marches that were more or less ignored by Liberals.
Yes, sorry, I've heard of that. It's just that Americans speak in abbreviations- like DJT, POTUS etc etc. It's not easy for a non American to follow.
BLM is where white Americans think that if they say it, they feel cleansed. It's a bit like saying one is a Christian then go around carrying a gun ready to kill someone, especially if they're black.
Col

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
I've been watching the footage of the USA congress riots, as they have been beamed across the world.
I'm a bit confused as to who is behind all this rioting. Originally, I thought it was republican supporters urged on and incited by Trump. But, looking at the footage, we see many people with confederate flags - I thought they lost the civil war to the unionists. Is the confederate supporters an actual political party?
Also a lot of people had the letter Q on their T shirts, which I am led to believe is a dissident group supported by Trump to cause mayhem and violence, rather like the KKK used to do. There were also film of people in full battle gear looking rather like something from a Hollywood film, they look like total idiots in fancy dress.
It's all rather strange.
Col

Vassago

Local time
I've been watching the footage of the USA congress riots, as they have been beamed across the world.
I'm a bit confused as to who is behind all this rioting. Originally, I thought it was republican supporters urged on and incited by Trump. But, looking at the footage, we see many people with confederate flags - I thought they lost the civil war to the unionists. Is the confederate supporters an actual political party?
Also a lot of people had the letter Q on their T shirts, which I am led to believe is a dissident group supported by Trump to cause mayhem and violence, rather like the KKK used to do. There were also film of people in full battle gear looking rather like something from a Hollywood film, they look like total idiots in fancy dress.
It's all rather strange.
Col
No, you're pretty much right.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I suppose the Trump lovers here, especially Pat, are in full support of the disgusting scenes of riot in the capital.
We maintain civility here because we don't sink to personal attacks. You crossed the line with this one. I don't know where you would get the idea that I was in favor of riots. Due to your pathological hatred of Trump, you make assumptions about people you don't even know. The problem is inside you. Just because I support Trump doesn't mean that I don't see his weaknesses and boorish behaviors. Doesn't mean I approve of him. People are imperfect. Sometimes we need to take the bad with the good. At least he wasn't convicted of ra** in a civil trial where the victim was awarded over $900,000 in damages. I'm not sure how Clinton supporters got past that one.

My daughter actually attended this demonstration with a couple of friends. They originally had reservations at a hotel and fancy restaurant so they could enjoy the city rather than having to drive home the same day. It is 6 hours each way. They left Connecticut at 1 AM on Wednesday. Got to DC and found out that the hotel had cancelled their reservation and EVERYTHING was shut down. Not a cup of coffee to be found in the district. Good thing they packed a lunch. Apparently, even though there are numerous marches every year in DC and so the city is quite prepared to handle crowds in the streets, the mayor decided to make these particular marchers feel as unwelcome as possible by getting the hotels and restaurants to shut down. She also asked Trump to call in the National Guard but insisted they be unarmed. Chrissy sent me regular updates throughout the day. Pictures of old people using canes and young people carrying babies. It was like a love fest. Happy, smiling, friendly people. They even shared their lunch with a young couple with a little boy. They listened to Trump's speech and then the crowd headed to the Capitol. At some point a small number of people started up the steps and were trying to get into the building. Christine and her friends left around 4 when the people who weren't there for a riot decided they should not stay.

I guess you haven't seen videos of the daily Antifa and BLM riots that have been going on in several cities since May. Those people were attacking police officers (even black ones since not all black lives matter), killing them as well as bystanders, looting stores, burning buildings, occupying blocks of some downtown areas but hey, those were "mostly" peaceful protests. Those people got arrested (sometimes) and immediately released, no bond. We'll see if the Trump folks will be accorded the same curtesy. Ha Ha.
Gathering en masse as a pandemic continues to ravage this world.
I suggest continued confinement. It is better if you don't leave your bedroom. Some of us read the statistics instead of listing to the fear mongers trying go get higher ratings but whatever makes you feel safe, do it.

moke, look at your "fact" checkers and see if you can find the photos of the people who occupied the Hart building including McConnell's office last year. I don't think many of them were Trump supporters.
Federal workers occupy Hart building, Sen Mitch McConnell's office over shutdown : DC Direct Action News : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

And how about AOC's people Occupying Pelosi's office? We KNOW they weren't Trump supports
Ocasio-Cortez, Activists Occupy Nancy Pelosi's Office and Start Making Demands (westernjournal.com)

As usual, the Democrats and the media take Trump out of context and assume the worst possible interpretation of what he says and does. Nothing changes except in two weeks, you won't have Trump to talk about. And to make sure that Trump has no platform, Twitter shut down his account already. I'm sure some of you approve of that because it is Trump but would not approve if it were you being stifled or someone you agreed with. Even the Chinese can't do that. They'll probably make Jack Dorsey an offer he can't refuse.

Hypocrisy Reigns

Vassago

Local time
I suggest continued confinement. It is better if you don't leave your bedroom. Some of us read the statistics instead of listing to the fear mongers trying go get higher ratings but whatever makes you feel safe, do it.
Oh, I will... Because I listen to medical professionals instead of bogus memes and politicians and actually care about my neighbors of all ages and because my wife is high risk and I'm not an idiot. EVERY doctor I've spoken to, and it's been dozens this year due to the aforementioned wife, is dumbfounded over the ignorance and sheer amount of misinformation that people will listen to that are not medical professionals. They've had to see her in different areas of the hospitals on more than one occasion because the ER and ICU is full and they've had to commandeer other areas of the hospital.

Fear-mongering? Or are maybe YOU, in your limited medical experience, and your sources are wrong and blinded by your own ignorance.

Fuck everyone not giving a shit about those around them that HAVE to leave the house for medical reasons only to be flooded by sick people because of stupidity. Seriously, fuck them all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom