Enable content (1 Viewer)

Gkirkup

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:42
I have a long established program which I am in the process of updating to a new server running Office 365. The program appears to run OK. The only problem I have found so far is that to display the opening menu you have to click on 'Enable Content' each time the program is run. I have tried saving the program after clicking on Enable Content but it makes no difference. I still get the Enable Content prompt every time the program is run, and so do all of the users. How do I set 'Enable Content' so that the prompt does not appear?

Robert

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi. Make sure you store the database file in a Trusted Location. If you don't have one, you can set it up from the Options menu.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:42
That usually happens with the app is downloaded from the internet but only the first time the app runs. Try trusting the folder you load the FE into. That might solve the problem.

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 14:42
hi @Gkirkup,

as @theDBguy said, trust the location where the database is

File --> Options --> Trust Center --> click "Trust Center Settings..." command button --> Trusted Locations on left sidebar menu

* Trusted Locations --

I have the root directory of all my data drives to be trusted and subfolders are allowed. click the "Add New Location..." command button to add all your drives.

d:\
WHERE
d is the drive letter

be sure to check the box to trust subfolders

Also have this checked:
Allow Trusted Locations on my network (not recommended) [note: don't worry about this remark])

Last edited:

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
as @Pat Hartman said, sometimes when you download a file from the internet, its content is blocked.

1. take it out of the zip file first,if it was zipped
2. right-click on the file in Windows Explorer
3. Properties
4. look in bottom of dialog box under Attributes. If the file is blocked, you can unblock it by clicking a command button. You won't see this if the file isn't blocked.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 20:42
I have the root directory of all my data drives to be trusted and subfolders are allowed. click the "Add New Location..." command button to add all your drives.
Whilst I can see the convenience in doing that, it can be useful to have at least part of your hard drive for use with 'non-trusted' files
By doing that, I can download a file that may have problems & view the code without any risk of it running
I will typically do so for user files downloaded from forums where there are known issues with the file

oleronesoftwares

Passionate Learner
Local time
  1. Click on Customzie Quick Access Toolbar

2. Select More Commands…
3. Click Trust Center under the Access Options
4.Click on Trust Center Setting… at the right bottom corner
5. Click Macro Setting under the Trust Center window

6. Select the last bullet “Enable all macros….”
7. Click OK button

Another approach, is to have a trusted location(folder) where you will place the file

Then you will enable macros for that folder alone

Gkirkup

Registered User.
Local time
hi @Gkirkup,

as @theDBguy said, trust the location where the database is

File --> Options --> Trust Center Settings --> click "Trust Center Settings..." command button --> Trusted Locations on left sidebar menu

* Trusted Locations --

d:\
WHERE
d is the drive letter

be sure to check the box to trust subfolders

Also have this checked:
Allow Trusted Locations on my network (not recommended) [note: don't worry about this remark])
Crystal:
Thanks for your input. I have a couple of questions:

When I want to make a folder trusted, do I have that folder open, or do I refer to a highlighted but closed folder on the folders list?

I can find File / Options but cannot see Trust Center Settings. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you!
Robert

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
you're welcome, @Gkirkup

Trust Center in left menu when Options open, and then the "Trust Center Settings..." command button is on the right hand side

The folder doesn't need to be open to set a trusted location, but it's helpful to open it so that you can copy the path from Windows Explorer if you're choosing a specific folder ... or you can Browse, but I find that to be slower since I almost always backup a database before opening, so I have the folder open

Last edited:

Gkirkup

Registered User.
Local time
you're welcome, @Gkirkup

Trust Center in left menu when Options open, and then the "Trust Center Settings..." command button is on the right hand side

The folder doesn't need to be open to set a trusted location, but it's helpful to open it so that you can copy the path from Windows Explorer if you're choosing a specific folder ... or you can Browse, but I find that to be slower since I almost always backup a database before opening, so I have the folder open
Crystal: Thank you. Sorry but I still cannot see Trust Center Settings.
I am using Office 365 / Access 2019 which is new to me. I click on File / Options, and then the little box called 'Folder Options' pops up. But there is no left menu, just the one box. And the box does not have Trust Center Settings in it.
Am I missing something?

Robert

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Crystal: Thank you. Sorry but I still cannot see Trust Center Settings.
I am using Office 365 / Access 2019 which is new to me. I click on File / Options, and then the little box called 'Folder Options' pops up. But there is no left menu, just the one box. And the box does not have Trust Center Settings in it.
Am I missing something?

Robert
Hi Robert. Did you check out the link I posted earlier? Go to the last section at the bottom labeled "Specify a trusted location."

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
hi Robert @Gkirkup

> "I click on File / Options, and then the little box called 'Folder Options' pops up."

That would make sense if you're
1. selecting file in Windows Explorer
2. choosing Options from the ribbon

Do this IN ACCESS ;) ... a database doesn't even have to be open to set Options for Access, but you do have to be in Access.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom