Epitaph (1 Viewer)

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Today, 10:57
Joined
May 6, 2003
Messages
1,745
Rich said:
because we're ruled by a bunch of #*$s :mad: and he refused to take the oath of allegiance

So, what do they mean by passport? Is it something different than what we call passports? Why would you have to take an oath of allegiance to get a passport?
 
R

Rich

Guest
MrsGorilla said:
So, what do they mean by passport? Is it something different than what we call passports? Why would you have to take an oath of allegiance to get a passport?
I assume in the same way those who are not American by birthright applying for an American passport do:confused:
 

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Today, 10:57
Joined
May 6, 2003
Messages
1,745
Rich said:
I assume in the same way those who are not American by birthright applying for an American passport do:confused:

Maybe I wasn't aware that those who aren't Americans can apply for American passports. If they weren't born in America but are American citizens, then it wouldn't matter.
 
R

Rich

Guest
MrsGorilla said:
Maybe I wasn't aware that those who aren't Americans can apply for American passports. If they weren't born in America but are American citizens, then it wouldn't matter.
Immigrants aren't regarded as Americans untill they take an oath are they ?
 

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Today, 10:57
Joined
May 6, 2003
Messages
1,745
Rich said:
Immigrants aren't regarded as Americans untill they take an oath are they ?

No, but they are still citizens of whatever country they came from so they could still obtain a passport from that country. Maybe that's what I was missing. He immigrated but didn't become a British citizen???? That would make sense. (lightbulb comes on) :rolleyes:
 
R

Rich

Guest
MrsGorilla said:
No, but they are still citizens of whatever country they came from so they could still obtain a passport from that country. Maybe that's what I was missing. He immigrated but didn't become a British citizen???? That would make sense. (lightbulb comes on) :rolleyes:
I don't remember the specifics, I always thought of him as our greatest comedian but he wasn't born in Britain, I think he was born in India, because he wouldn't swear the oath of allegiance he wasn't allowed a British passport, even though he fought for us during WW11 :confused:
 

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Today, 10:57
Joined
May 6, 2003
Messages
1,745
Here are a couple...
 

Attachments

  • tombstone2.jpg
    tombstone2.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 140
  • tombstone3.jpg
    tombstone3.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 140

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom