Error # -2147417843. Automation error. An outgoing call cannot be made since the application is dispatching an input-synchronous call (1 Viewer)

Jason Lee Hayes

Local time
Today, 07:49
Cannot understand what's happening here....

Error # -2147417843 Automation error. An outgoing call cannot be made since the application is dispatching an input-synchronous call

I have googled this error but the explanation of what could be causing the error is unclear to me..
Has anyone come across this type of error before or is someone able to maybe suggest what may cause the issue

Just to be clear a form simply opens another via a button which uses the VBA form open with argument and its when the error message appears. The error message includes an error source which in this instance is: IsConnectedbyWireless which is basically referring to some code & module used in the form that opens. Its basically a check to see if the internet connection is wireless or wired and adjust a label caption accordingly. I can confirm there is definitely nothing wrong with this part of the code and by opening the form directly instead of opening via another form it works fine....

Any pointers would be most helpful...

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 104

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Hi Jason
Sorry but I don't know the answer to your question ...at least not without seeing your code

However, if you have code that can reliably test whether a wired or wireless connection is in use, I'd be interested in seeing it.
Several people including myself have attempted this without 100% success
Its easy when there is only wired or only wireless. The problem comes when you have e.g. a laptop with both types of connection.
Access seems unable to detect when the wired connection is actually being used

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:49
In simplest terms, MS thinks the line is busy. It says you are trying to send a message while one is coming in AND is requesting a synchronized reply.

So... what is the form trying to do and does it involve communications or protocols of some sort over a network?

Jason Lee Hayes

Local time
Thanks for your replies; led me identify the issue add fix it yey...

Not sure if 3 weetabix this morning did the trick or the volume of port i consumed last night; maybe borh..

I was absoutely sure the error being reported was not the direct cause of the issue.

Reported was my code that determined a wired or wifi cinnection on the 2nd opening form and as such "IsConnectedbyWireless" error.

If opening the 2nd form directly it works all the time every time therefore asked my friend Google again and found this:

https://software-solutions-online.com/automation-error-vba/#Excel_Error_Load_Form

I worked through some of these and my fix turned out to be a simple "Set To Nothing"

Hope this link may help someone else when diagnosing similar error codes.

My first form has a browser object that plays a GIF and scans for a fingerprint.. Needed to close referemce to there before opening the 2nd form and it works....

Its the little things..

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Thanks for saying the solution.
Could you post your code though, and show where you implemented it?

Also could you please show your code for detecting what type of connection, in case it is different to what has been mentioned here in the past?, as was asked in a previous post?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom