Error 3125 after opening 2003 db in 2007 (1 Viewer)

Kila

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:06
I have a database that worked fine in Access 2003. Now in Access 2007 I am getting this error when I try to view a query a form is based on:

This is not a valid name. Make sure it is a valid parameter or alias name, that it does not include invalid characters or punctuation, and that the name is not too long. (Error 3125)

The specified name does not follow standard naming conventions or is not a valid parameter or alias name. Check your entry to make sure you have not included invalid characters or punctuation and that the name is not too long.

The field in the form WAS based on the following SQL:
Code:
SELECT tblRoster.ActionID, tblDepartments.Department, tblActions.DateEnd, tblActions.DateStart, tblActionList.Action, tblRoster.Service, tblRoster.RosterID, tblRoster.NameID, tblRoster.RotationStart, tblRoster.RotationEnd, tblRoster.RotationID, tblRoster.LastLogin, tblRoster.Comment, tblRoster.New, tblRoster.CommentID
FROM ((((tblRoster LEFT JOIN tblRotations ON tblRoster.RotationID = tblRotations.RotationID) LEFT JOIN tblCommentType ON tblRoster.CommentID = tblCommentType.CommentTypeID) LEFT JOIN tblActions ON tblRoster.ActionID = tblActions.ActionID) LEFT JOIN tblActionList ON tblActions.ActionListID = tblActionList.ActionListID) LEFT JOIN tblDepartments ON tblActions.DepartmentID = tblDepartments.DepartmentID
ORDER BY tblRoster.RotationStart DESC;

I would not have written this myself, as I am only now learning SQL as it pertains to queries. I developed this db awhile back, but this would have been created in design view in the query builder or as a separate query.

I tried to make this a seperate query, and even attempted to recreate it from scratch as a new query, but to no avail. When I tried to create it anew, I got a similar message as I added many of the tables to the query.

What could it be about these tables that is too long now that was not too long in Access 2003? Is there a shorter limit on the length of fieldnames?

Just as an FYI, I CAN run the query or look at it in SQL view, I just cannot view it in design view.

Any assistance you can offer would be appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:

WIS

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 04:06
I have a database that worked fine in Access 2003. Now in Access 2007 I am getting this error when I try to view a query a form is based on:

The field in the form WAS based on the following SQL:
Code:
SELECT tblRoster.ActionID, tblDepartments.Department, tblActions.DateEnd, tblActions.DateStart, tblActionList.Action, tblRoster.Service, tblRoster.RosterID, tblRoster.NameID, tblRoster.RotationStart, tblRoster.RotationEnd, tblRoster.RotationID, tblRoster.LastLogin, tblRoster.Comment, tblRoster.New, tblRoster.CommentID
FROM ((((tblRoster LEFT JOIN tblRotations ON tblRoster.RotationID = tblRotations.RotationID) LEFT JOIN tblCommentType ON tblRoster.CommentID = tblCommentType.CommentTypeID) LEFT JOIN tblActions ON tblRoster.ActionID = tblActions.ActionID) LEFT JOIN tblActionList ON tblActions.ActionListID = tblActionList.ActionListID) LEFT JOIN tblDepartments ON tblActions.DepartmentID = tblDepartments.DepartmentID
ORDER BY tblRoster.RotationStart DESC;

I would not have written this myself, as I am only now learning SQL as it pertains to queries. I developed this db awhile back, but this would have been created in design view in the query builder or as a separate query.

I tried to make this a seperate query, and even attempted to recreate it from scratch as a new query, but to no avail. When I tried to create it anew, I got a similar message as I added many of the tables to the query.

What could it be about these tables that is too long now that was not too long in Access 2003? Is there a shorter limit on the length of fieldnames?

Just as an FYI, I CAN run the query or look at it in SQL view, I just cannot view it in design view.

Any assistance you can offer would be appreciated. Thanks!

What name have you given to the qry.

Kila

Registered User.
Local time
qselComplaintsCompliments

...but it did not work even when it was just code, AND I got the same message when I started from scratch & added tables to the new query.

tblRoster did not cause a problem, but tblDepartments, tblActions, and tblActionList all caused the same error when I added them to a new query. Thanks.

WIS

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 04:06
qselComplaintsCompliments

...but it did not work even when it was just code, AND I got the same message when I started from scratch & added tables to the new query.

tblRoster did not cause a problem, but tblDepartments, tblActions, and tblActionList all caused the same error when I added them to a new query. Thanks.

Just a guess, but the db might be corrupted. I had a similar experience, from A2003 SP3 to A2007, (not the same error) - the db was corrupted, but when I loaded a 2nd vs of exactly the same db, it worked fine (once security issues were resolved).

Kila

Registered User.
Local time
Well darn if that didn't work. Go figure! Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom