Error 32811 in Executing a Procedure with VB Code (1 Viewer)

dennyryan

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:53
I have a user on Access 97 trying to run a VBA procedure and she always gets an error message: 32811 Unexpected or Unknown Error

I have other users who are able to run this same module with no problem. I have had her re-import the form a couple of times since I saw something in the Knowledge Base which indicated this error could have something to do with a form not importing correctly. There isn't any error message received during the import process.

Other aspects of the application (forms, reports, etc.) seem to run fine but Access has a violent reaction to the VBA code in this particular form. A single DIM statement within the procedure is enough to cause the error to appear.

Any ideas on a cause or possible resolution?

Thanks,

Denny

AlanS

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:53
If only one user is having this problem, and there are no apparent problems when you repeat the import, I would look at the following:

1. re-importing the entire application (something else may have gotten corrupted besides the module where the error occurs) and/or

2. re-installing Access on this user's machine.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:53
Add to AlanS's excellent suggestions:

3. Check the service-pack level of Windows to see if that machine is behind.

4. If you have the kit for it, do a Windows installation verification to make sure one of the DLL files isn't corrupted. Then see item 3 again because this would trash any service pack installations.

5. If this user is on WinNT, see if you can call up the Task Manager and see how much free memory is available. Or on other versions of Windows, see if you have any performance tool you can put in the system tray to show you free memory.

6. See how big the user's page/swap file is. Might be too small.

7. Determine whether the user's original install was TYPICAL or CUSTOM. If CUSTOM, find out (if possible) whether some critical items were left unchecked. The problem might be not that the load failed but that too few necessary options were selected. Even if they loaded successfully, some things could fail. (Though I've got to admit this one is a long shot.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom