error messages after import (1 Viewer)

E

EveNg

Can anyone pls help me understand the below error messages?

------
!Import Spreadsheet Wizard

Finished Importing File 'C:\Documents and Settings\evng\MyDocuments\106000.xls'to table 'A-D'. Not all of your data was successfully imported. Error description with associated row numbers of bad records can be found in the Microsoft Access table "A-D'$_ImportErrors3'.
------

after the message i have this table name: 'A-D'$_ImportErrors shown on my window.

when i click on the 'A-D'$_ImportErrors table, it shows

Error Field Row
Type Conversion Failure F10 15
Type Conversion Failure F10 23

This happened after i imported one of the Excel Sheet to Access table. the source of the Excel file was imported from a text file.

ya, it sounds real complicated, but can someone pls tell me what's going with that? Thanks a lot!

eve

Alexandre

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:40
Type Conversion Failure means that access found in the file to import a value that did not fit the data type for this field.
Unless you specify data types manually, access tries to guess the data type for each field on the base of the first(s?) values in the file to import.
If later on a value in found that does not match the field type, ans error is logged to the Error table.
F10 15 are the coordiantes of the value that caused the erro in your imported file (Field F10, row 15).

Use the key word import in access help and look for importation errors table for more details.

Alex

farhanabbas1983

Local time
Today, 03:40
plz check this link .. hope there is problem with some dates in your source file... ..... When you import a fixed-width file that has two Date fields that have different formats, individually you can import the fields, but if you try to import the fields together, you may receive the following error message:
Finished importing file <path> to table <name>. Not all your date was successfully imported. Error description with associated row numbers of bad records can be found in the Microsoft Access table '<name>_ImportErrors'.
Back to the top | Give Feedback
CAUSE
You may receive this error message when one of the Date fields has no delimiters and the other Date field is formatted as a standard Date/Time field. Access does not allow you to import a Date field that does not have delimiters together with a Date field that does have delimiters. You must import the non-delimited Date field as Text, and then convert the data to a standard Date format.
Back to the top | Give Feedback
RESOLUTION
If you want to import a file that contains data formatted in this manner, you must either edit the fixed-width field to add the slash mark (/) delimiter or you must import the field as Text, and then use an update query to convert the Text to a Date format.

For example, you can use the following expression in an update query to convert a Text field that contains 010196 to a Date format of 01/01/96. You can then change the field in table Design view from a Text field to a Date field.
Left$([Mydate],2) & "/" & Mid$([Mydate],3,2) & "/" & Right$([Mydate],2)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom