Error when tapping refresh all on form. (1 Viewer)

JamieRhysEdwards

Local time
Today, 09:21
Hi all,

I'm getting a rather bizarre error when I tap the Refresh (set to All) button on the top ribbon. This is what it says:

One error which states:
Code:
The record source 'SELECT -1 as [ID], '(Manage Filters)' as [Filter Name] FROM Filters UNION SELECT "0" as [ID], "(Clear Filter)" as [Filter ..."specified for this form or report does not exist.

The name of the recordsource may be mispelled, the recordsource was deleted or renamed, or the recordsource exists in a different database.

In Form or Report's Design View or Layout View, display the property sheet by clicking the Properties button, and then set the RecordSource property to an existing table or query.

After tapping OK, it then states two message boxes of the following issue:

Code:
The SELECT statement includes a reserved word or an argument name that is misspelled or missing, or the punctuation is incorrect.

This is a repurposed Asset Database template in MS Access if this helps. I just cannot seem to find this query at all when that button is pressed?

Thanks[/CODE]

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Today, 01:21
Hi all,

I'm getting a rather bizarre error when I tap the Refresh (set to All) button on the top ribbon. This is what it says:

One error which states:
Code:
The record source 'SELECT -1 as [ID], '(Manage Filters)' as [Filter Name] FROM Filters UNION SELECT "0" as [ID], "(Clear Filter)" as [Filter ..."specified for this form or report does not exist.

The name of the recordsource may be mispelled, the recordsource was deleted or renamed, or the recordsource exists in a different database.

In Form or Report's Design View or Layout View, display the property sheet by clicking the Properties button, and then set the RecordSource property to an existing table or query.

After tapping OK, it then states two message boxes of the following issue:

Code:
The SELECT statement includes a reserved word or an argument name that is misspelled or missing, or the punctuation is incorrect.

This is a repurposed Asset Database template in MS Access if this helps. I just cannot seem to find this query at all when that button is pressed?

Thanks[/CODE]
What object has the focus when you do that? It sounds like a filter on a form or report....

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 16:21
i don't know, but what i've experience when Filtering a Form on a "calculated" column, MSA will complain if
you have a "space" on your calculated column. so better remove the space or replace it with an underscore chars,

example instead of "Filter Name" as it's column name, use "FilterName" or "Filter_Name".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom