Event Procedure in Acess not working (1 Viewer)

M

mtreske

Hi,
Trying my post again, didn't realize I cannot attach a .rtf file.

I Have an access database on Windows2000 server, that contols user access to our website. Until a server failure a month or so ago, when a new user was assigned or his profile updated it would send a reply out via Outlook.

I don't know enough about VB to see if there is a problem with the code or if there is another issue at work, ie: Frontpage extensions, or some other server issue. As the code is quite lenghly I an sending just the "If MsgBox" code. I can send more information if needed. For now if someone can take a look at the below code and let me know if it should work ok, I'd appreciate it.

Thank you.

If MsgBox("Would you like to e-mail a confirmation to the user?", vbYesNo, "E-mail") = vbYes Then
DoCmd.SendObject , , acFormatTXT, "'" & [Forms]![webPW]![textEmail] & "'", , , "CMS Web Access", strmsg + strmsg2 + strmsg3 + strmsg4 + strmsg6 + strmsg7 + strmsg8 + strmsg9 + strmsg10 + strmsg11, False
Else

End If

rockies1

King Cobra
Local time
Today, 15:47
That code is correct, assuming each of your variables in it are declared.

Morgan

M

mtreske

They appear to be all present.
Another Question:
Where it has [Forms]![webPW]![textEmail] what do they refer to?
Are those folders or files on the server that they are looking for?

rockies1

King Cobra
Local time
Today, 15:47
RE: [Forms]![webPW]![textEmail]

[Forms] tells you it is looking at a form.

![webPW] tells you the name of the form is webPW

![textEmail] tells you the name of the object it is looking at is textEmail.

Therefore, you are looking for the text in the object textEmail on the form webPW.

My guess is that your problem is something else.

Hope that helps a bit...

Morgan

M

mtreske

Thank you for your help, I will look at the server issues for a possible answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom