Excel Spreadsheet for Car Park Roster (1 Viewer)

Teebird

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:44
Hi All

Does anyone have a excel spreadsheet set up for allocating carparks to employees. At my work we have 3 car parks that are shared between 40 people. Evey 2 weeks - the car park is allocated to another person to use for the next 2 weeks. I have tried to set one up but failed totally.

I need to have the ability to add new staff names and remove staff names of people that have left. New employees go to the end of the list.

And the abiltiy to set the date eg: Week commencing 02 April 2007.

neileg

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 13:14
Sounds like a good project for Access, not Excel!

Teebird

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:44
Yes - it would be but my work does not have Access installed - only Excel. So I am trying to create it in Excel.

A real headache.

unmarkedhelicopter

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:14
Yeah you can do this but it sounds like you'd need code to run it.
How big is your user table ? Is it just 1 Column ?
Is it listed Alphabetically ? or is it on 'time with company decending' ?
If you have new employees, you say they go to the bottom, if the list is not sorted on 'time with company decending' then how do you 'massage' the list to get it into your order.
Just to get this straight, you have (about) 40 employees and you only have 3 allocateable parking spaces ? If as you said you have 3 car parks, I don't see what your problem is !

What happens if you allocate 3, wait 2 weeks, next 3, wait 2 weeks etc.
You are now at employee numbers 37, 38 and 39 ... and you get a new employee ?

If you can supply a dummy sheet, some one could take a look at it.

Depending on what it looks like, it will probably need modifying to incorporate flags for who has the privilege for a given 2 week,
You'd also need to specify the date at which all this rotation commences, and what happens if there a lot of publuc holidays over a given 2 week period ? Do those employees get sh4ft3d ?
You select the start date and the next 3 get picked, is that what you want ? (as the pick list needs to be dynamic it would NOT allow you to go backwards and selecting the same date again would do nothing at all.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom