Export Data Format - Help! (1 Viewer)

akb

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:24
See attached file -- I need the information on the IMPORT3 tab to export from Access like the data in the FINAL tab.

If the line has a material charge - I need a new distribution line using the MTL debit and credit codes.

If the line has a freight charge - I need a new distribution line using the freight debit and credit codes.

Thank you for your help!
Ashley :)

Attachments

• Import3.xls
    31.5 KB · Views: 55

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
You are going to need to do a few queries, one for each type (regular, material, freight) and then UNION those queries together to produce the final result.

Where does the IMPORT3 data come from? What's the table name? Or is it a query?

akb

Registered User.
Local time
The IMPORT3 data comes from a query which pulls data from multiple tables. Do I need to create a query just for material and just for freight now? And then how would I union them to separate?

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
A UNION query is just a special command that merges datasets together. So you would use your existing query and then build additional queries for each special type of record you need.

You have 12 records on IMPORT3, but 22 records on FINAL. You need to build a query(s) that will generate those 10 other records. Once you have that you UNION them all together and you get your FINAL with 22 records.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom