Export Report to Excel. Columns move position (1 Viewer)

Angielah

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:08
Hi
I have a report with various calculated text boxes. I have had to add another one to the report and now when the user exports to Excel one of the original text boxes outputs to Excel in a different position.

e.g
Used to do this
txtProblemPercent Text61

Now does this
Text61 txtSale txtProblemPercent (txtSale is the new one)

Any help would be great

llkhoutx

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:08
Look at the order of columns in the table or query being exported.

develyn

Local time
I have the same problem. The order of fields in the table or query is not relevant as it is the calculated fields that move. Any workarounds would be appreciated.

Ameliegentie

Local time
Today, 11:08
4 years later!!! I got the same problem while wanting to export a form to Excel: so annoying these columns jumping randomly in Excel while they look good in the Access query or form!
Found the solution: Click on the textbox giving a problem, in the properties for that textbox look for Tab Index in the Other tab. Click on the 3 dots to toggle the tab order dialog box. Here you control the order of columns in Excel.

using Access 2007.

So happy i can finally help others!

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Sorry for dragging up an old thread - I have just suffered from this problem, and adjusting the tab order either in the tab order dialogue or on the control properties made no difference. (Access 2010)

I finally solved it by deleting the controls from the report and adding them back in the order that I wanted them to appear on the export. It seems obvious once I'd done it, but took me at least most of a morning to figure it out!

MK1999

Local time
Today, 13:08
Sorry for dragging up an old thread - I have just suffered from this problem, and adjusting the tab order either in the tab order dialogue or on the control properties made no difference. (Access 2010)

I finally solved it by deleting the controls from the report and adding them back in the order that I wanted them to appear on the export. It seems obvious once I'd done it, but took me at least most of a morning to figure it out!
just got the same problem.. you mean delete the text boxes and put them again?

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
HI @MK1999 This is an old one and I can't actually remember the fix, but from reading my reply I would say Yes delete the form controls and put them back again in the order you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom