Export to Excel and Import to Access (1 Viewer)

Data Slave

Local time
Today, 07:17
I'm trying to export a query to excel and I'm using the OutputTo macro. I can't choose which version of excel to output to and it's getting stuck in an old version. This older version won't import into Access. Is there a patch for this? Has anyone else seen this problem? Fixed it? Does anyone know how to import one query into an access table in another database? I want to append the table. Please help. Thanx.

M

mrabrams

If you find out how to output to the current version of Excel, PLEASE email me or post it.

I have asked that question a couplke of times on this board as well as the Excel board - No one had an answer.
As well as the Output to Macro, it does the same thing if you try to use Tools/Office Links/Analyze with Excel. It always exports as Excel 5.0 or Excel 7.
The only thing I can do, is after it is exported to Excel, I do Save As (the same file name) and change the Save As Type to
Microsoft Excel Workbook(*.xls)

"Does anyone know how to import one query into an access table in another database"

If you mean "FROM" another database - here's how:
From the Tables tab, click New/Import Table.
Find the database you want to import the query from.
Select it.
Click the Queries tab.
Find the query you want.
Click OK
That's it!

You can do that for tables,queries,macros,reports etc.

HTH !!

Michael Abrams
Sacramento CA

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:17
The TransferSpreadsheet Action(macro)/Method(VBA) both allow you to specify the EXCEL version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom