Exporting a Chart (1 Viewer)

Nancy

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:44
I've created a chart in MS Access, and the user has requested the ability to export the chart for importing into PowerPoint so as to imbed it into a presentation. Anyone know if this is possible, and if so, how it can be done?

Neal

Registered User.
Local time
Microsoft has a help file on exporting Access graphs to Excel. It explains how to do it when the graph is on a report or form. Unfortunately, in both cases, you have to cut and paste the graph into Excel. I'm sure you could get it into Powerpoint from there. If you think this would work for you, the article number is Q158928.

Nancy

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you for replying. Your response was a great help.

After reading the article you mentioned, I was able to figure out how to get the chart to Word and then to Powerpoint.

I couldn't use Excel, because there were values in the page header section that I needed along with the chart. By saving the chart as an .rft file, loading it into Word and then doing a copy paste of the chart to the Word file, I was able to get both the page header section and the chart on the same page in Word.

From Word I just did a Select All/Copy and then a Paste in PowerPoint.

Also, for anyone's information, it appears that if you maximize a chart in View mode, and then go to Design mode, the values that you see in View transfer to the Design mode. When I didn't maximize, the prior chart appeared in Design mode.

Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom