Exporting Memo Fields From Report to Excel (1 Viewer)

Jason

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:43
Hi All

I am having problems with the export to excel function within Access. It is truncating my memo fields to 127 characters. There is a Microsoft Article about this but it does not offer a definitive answer apart from asking me to contact a MS representative, (for a fee). I know that I need a hotfix and that this is contained in the file "soa900.dll". I cant seem to find this file anywhere on the net, (this is surprising). Does anybody have this file for me? I need version 9.0.0.4903 or later, creation date 01/03/2001 or later. Thanks a lot.

Jason

Last edited:

Jason

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks David, Cool Site!

However the file (soa900.dll) is the same version that I have already and that is the one with the problem in it, (installed with Office). I have mailed Microsoft to get the Patch for this particular issue in A2K so we will see what they come back with, (I should hear from them sometime this year). I believe it will just be the updated dll, which is super-elusive on the net.

Will let you know how I get on. I can't believe there is not more discussion/information about this. It seems like such a big bug.

Jason

UniqueTII

What?
Local time
Today, 08:43
I'm having the same sort of problem....any luck yet? My problem is that I'm taking a field from a query and populating a new table with it using code, and it's truncating to 127 characters.

Jason

Registered User.
Local time
Nope, no luck yet... :-( Anybody else hae any ideas??

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom