Fastest Curve to build FrontPage with Data Handling (1 Viewer)

FuzMic

DataBase Tinker
Local time
Today, 13:16
Hi members

I am a total novice in FrontPage and Web Design and would like some guidance.

I am quite familiar with Access03 in storing data through data entry and reporting. Because of this comfort zone, i am wondering if i can have a Front Page with Access03 capabilities that Web users can interact with. This may not be the best way but then i can shorten my learning curve.

If it is possible, very brief, how do i go about it?
If not what are my other options?

Thanks.

Mr Smin

Sometimes Excel too.
Local time
Today, 05:16
Not sure if you want people to be able to view and modify data from the database via the web, or if you want people to be able to modify the database itself via the web.

I think both are possible but the second one is tricky. If you just want people to be able to view/edit data, take a look at 'Pages' in Access (under 'Objects' in the main database window). Be aware that allowing your database to face the public internet would mean you have to think a lot about security.

FuzMic

DataBase Tinker
Local time
Today, 13:16
Thanks Smin

To keep things simple i just want to do it within the web site for the time being.

I am assume Pages are available in Access 03. I will dig deeper later. But for a quick uptake, what will be basic architecture? Does it mean a Jet engine .mdb is uploaded in the web site or How?, please indulge me a bit more.

Anyway i am looking into the following link to expand my horizon http://www.frontpagemagic.com/drw/Index.htm

Thanks again.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom