field order in a report (1 Viewer)

PicassoB

Novice
Local time
Today, 06:51
Hi, on running my report the data in the detail section comes up in reverse to how it is entered in the form - could any one please give me a simple solution to put this in the correct order :eek:

Bryan

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:51
Are the fields in the generated report the same as the order of the fields when you view the report in the design view? If so, you'll need to rearrange the fields in the report to reflect the order in which you want them to appear.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:51
You ALWAYS need to specify a sort order for forms and reports or the order will be at the whim of Access. With a form, you can add an Order By clause to the form's RecordSource query. That method doesn't work for reports though since Access is so much smarter than we are, it completely rewrites the report's RecordSource query and doesn't even look at the order by you place there. You need to open the report in design view and add the sort that way. Steps vary with version so if you can't work it out, you'll need to post your version for more specific instructions. In A2010, its on the Design tab and it's labeled Group & Sort.

PicassoB

Novice
Local time
Today, 06:51
Many thanks guys for the responce and help
I have it sorted now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom