Field Properties not Inherited by Query (1 Viewer)

mbentley

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:08
I have a rather large table and associated query. I recently added a number of fields to both. Although it has worked fine in the past, the properties of the new fields are not being inherited by the query and any of the subsequent forms.

I've tried making a new query and pasting the SQL statement into it. This seemed to work at first, but the properties were subsequently lost.

I tried deleting the new field from the query and adding them back in one by one.

I've also tried compact/repairing the database.

Anyone have any ideas?

mbentley

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:08
More Info

I've been investigating this further and hopefully this new information may help:

The database is split as a frontend/backend application. The problem is somewhere between the backend table and the linked table in the frontend, as the field properties are working on the backend table, but not the linked frontend table. For example, a combo box field on the backend appears as a text box field in the frontend.

The funny thing is that this is only occuring in recently added fields, even though they are interspersed between columns of previously existing fields.

And yes, I've tried removing and recreating the link in the front end (multiple times).

Any ideas :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom