File Explorer Big X (1 Viewer)

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Yesterday, 23:50
Some of my pics in file explore (win 10) are locked up (Marked with X) some are not. There is no picture folder in OneDrive. The ones with X I can’t open. Somebody help. I am running out of time to build my power point presentation. Google was no help.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Yesterday, 20:50
Any chance of posting a screenshot about this locked up marked with x? I've never heard of that? But maybe I would recognize it if I saw what you meant?

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
What was your prior phone?
Do you still have your prior phone?

From what I've seen googling this issue is that either those are cached images that no longer exist or you are not logged into the service where they are hosted.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
What was your prior phone?
Do you still have your prior phone?

From what I've seen googling this issue is that either those are cached images that no longer exist or you are not logged into the service where they are hosted.
Thanks for answering. No they took my old phone in trade. Is there a way to see if they are hosted. They have been on by hard drive for many years.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Maybe the reason you see the X is because the computer needs to sync to the old phone, just a guess.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Just got a message from OneDrive that I was over limit. Went into OneDrive and deleted some files now everything in file explore has a red X. I have lost everything including my Icons on my desk top.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Any issue with the $ subscription? Maybe restart your computer and try signing out and back in to OneDrive?

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Problem solved. I had my geek friend in Venezuela take control of my machine. OneDrivve was backing up everything from my Hard drive. It got to the place where I used up all my space, and it locked up. Then they wanted me to buy more storage. I had him disengage OneDrive. I don’t need OneDrive anyways as I also have Idrive which backs up everything. Thanks to all those that tried to help.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
I think that was mentioned in one of the links I posted. Apparently if you get near the limit you get an exclamation point before an X.

Now quit fooling around and get your power point done. :rolleyes:

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
I think that was mentioned in one of the links I posted. Apparently if you get near the limit you get an exclamation point before an X.

Now quit fooling around and get your power point done. :rolleyes:
Go ahead put the pressure on me. ;) One tenth done.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Problem solved. I had my geek friend in Venezuela take control of my machine. OneDrivve was backing up everything from my Hard drive. It got to the place where I used up all my space, and it locked up. Then they wanted me to buy more storage. I had him disengage OneDrive. I don’t need OneDrive anyways as I also have Idrive which backs up everything. Thanks to all those that tried to help.
Excellent! We have one drive at work and the best moment I have with it is the time I daily Exit it each time I power up my machine.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Then they wanted me to buy more storage. I had him disengage OneDrive. I don’t need OneDrive anyways as I also have Idrive which backs up everything.
Good luck disabling OneDrive. I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't mysteriously re-Install with your next Windows 10 update. It's part of the devil's bargain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom